Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 10:25 AM   #1

what do you think of 19in Ruf replicas

I just bought my first set of wheels from ebay. It was $659 for all four wheels brand new so I thought it would be a good deal. I will be replacing my stock 18in sport classics. Anyone have these ruf replica wheels? If so how do you like them? does anyone know the weight and have any idea on the quality?

also would I have to recalibrate the speedo or do alignment since im going from 18 to 19in?

thanks guys

Gemballa front bumper/Aerokit I Sideskirts/H&R suspension/997 short shift/Schnell front&rear strut brace/Aluminum pedals and floor board//Traffic pro/Console Delete//LED exterior lighting//Exclusive Options Full Leather/19inch Ruf Wheels/European rear bumper with 550 mesh/Zientec spoiler/IPD Plenum//Cold Air Intake/Hardtop/Speedster Humps
Stunin_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #2

I am currently looking for some new wheels and tires as well, who did you purchase them from? Do you have a link?
Old 03-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunin_Stud
I just bought my first set of wheels from ebay. It was $659 for all four wheels brand new so I thought it would be a good deal. I will be replacing my stock 18in sport classics. Anyone have these ruf replica wheels? If so how do you like them? does anyone know the weight and have any idea on the quality?

also would I have to recalibrate the speedo or do alignment since im going from 18 to 19in?

thanks guys
Tirerack will list 19" alternative tires for your Box that will be the same rolling radius as your OEM tires. No need to adjust anything with your speedo. At $659 for the entire set, I would heavily question both weight and strength.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:40 PM   #4

The wheels weigh 35Lbs each....yea i didnt know that when i got it but is that really heavy for 19's?
Gemballa front bumper/Aerokit I Sideskirts/H&R suspension/997 short shift/Schnell front&rear strut brace/Aluminum pedals and floor board//Traffic pro/Console Delete//LED exterior lighting//Exclusive Options Full Leather/19inch Ruf Wheels/European rear bumper with 550 mesh/Zientec spoiler/IPD Plenum//Cold Air Intake/Hardtop/Speedster Humps
Stunin_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:52 AM   #5

not that heavy but still porky. The OEM 18 Turbo twists are like 30 pounds, so yours are ~18% heavier than stock with the understanding that you're going up to 19".
The factory Carrera lights at 18" are 20 pounds btw.

ANother thing, it's better to have a light tire on a heavy wheel than a heavy tire on a light wheel.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:59 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
The wheels weigh 35Lbs each....yea i didnt know that when i got it but is that really heavy for 19's?
My Champion wheels (19 inch) weigh in at approximately 19 pounds each. Compared to your wheels, this translates into a reduction of roughly 60 lbs. of unsprung, rotational mass. In my opinion, there would be a considerable difference between the two in terms of performance (i.e. acceleration, braking, handling and feel). That was certainly the case for me when I upgraded from the oem wheels to the Champions.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #7

Quote:
35lbs is quite heavy for a 19".

keithl is offline   Reply With Quote