986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Radio: No sound (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23742)

ston57 02-20-2010 09:05 AM

Radio: No sound

After having replaced a dead battery and inserting the correct radio code, I can't seem to get any sound. All functions on radio seem to be working, just no sound.
('01 Boxster S) Anyone know a possible cause and/or solution? Thanks.

Lil bastard 02-20-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ston57
After having replaced a dead battery and inserting the correct radio code, I can't seem to get any sound. All functions on radio seem to be working, just no sound.

Faceplate, HU contacts dirty or faceplate misaligned - all the function control is in the faceplate.

Pull faceplate, clean contacts w/ q-tip and alcohol, or pencil eraser if really corroded.

Carefully re-align faceplate contacts w/ HU contacts when reattaching it.

You should be good to go.

Cheers!

ston57 02-20-2010 10:12 AM

Thanks Lil, but wouldn't bad contacts affect the other functions also? All buttons work, stations change, and balance-bass-fader all seem to change. I'll try cleaning contacts though. Appreciate advice!!

Lil bastard 02-20-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Thanks Lil, but wouldn't bad contacts affect the other functions also? All buttons work, stations change, and balance-bass-fader all seem to change. I'll try cleaning contacts though. Appreciate advice!!

Not if the only dirty contact was the volume one.

Cheers!

ston57 02-20-2010 04:21 PM

cleaned all contacts with ETOH, but no luck. Still no sound. Very puzzling. Any special procedure other than entering code to make it work?

Lil bastard 02-20-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

cleaned all contacts with ETOH, but no luck. Still no sound. Very puzzling. Any special procedure other than entering code to make it work?

Not really. I assume you didn't hit the Mute button accidentally...??

Cheers!

ston57 02-21-2010 06:16 AM

LOL! Thanks Lil, that's the first thing my wife asked me!!! Probably something very simple like that, but still can't figure it out.

Rcomito 03-18-2013 02:23 PM

Radio has no sound

This worked for me. Insert key in door lock. Lock and then unlock the door. Radio sound magically came on. Cheers

Ferraridriver69 01-01-2015 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ston57 (Post 205719)

Dealing with exact same issue. Did you ever figure this out?
Thank you