Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 05:01 PM   #1

Boxster Eur Gt

HEY GUYS I FOUND THIS GOOD LOOKING BOXSTER ON THE WEB IS CALLED THE EUR-GT IS A WIDEBODY KIT AND MAKES LOOK THE BOXSTER MORE LIKE THE CARRERA GT, I LIKE VERY MUCH THE REAR PART OF THE KIT, THIS WAS FROM A JAPANESE WEB PAGE
http://www.g-eur.jp/eur-detail/boxster-eur-gt.html

DO YOU KNOW WHO SELLS THIS KIT IN THE US?
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS KIT?

aparmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #2

Here Is Another Pic
Old 02-01-2010, 05:05 PM   #3

AND MY FAVORITE ONE WITH THE REAR VIEW

HERE IS ALSO A COUPLE OF VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtkJtFFM6tE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-KQQKR8ZpI

Old 02-01-2010, 06:17 PM   #4

For some reason, this widebody kit makes the car look more like an MR2 Spyder than a Porsche. It certainly doesn't make it look like a CGT to me.

If you're jazzed enough to get a kit, I've seen very similar ones on eBay for about $4000.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:21 PM   #5

Garage
Agreed, that black out around the rear makes it look MR2-ish... Like the rest of it through.

Last edited by rob76turbo; 02-01-2010 at 06:22 PM. Reason: add info
rob76turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:36 PM   #6

Ahhh, the wonders of fiberglass. Looks like something out of the movie The Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift or from the show Pimp My Ride - in other words, appealing to the 21 and under crowd.

As bad is this one is it doesn't come close to some of the "Carrera GT" fiberglass backyard butcher jobs I've seen on TV and eBay. Great thing to do your Box if it's been totaled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha2vERQuZ4Y&feature=related

Guaranteed to get you chicks, man.
gschotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:19 AM   #7

IMO I think the kit looks pretty good and since it is not trying to make the car look like exactly like a GT it takes out some of the "poser" negative stigma out of it

On this site the majority of the members prefer the traditional styling of the cars and will not like aftermarket body kits and styling. It's a purist kind of thing. But what you will probably find out is that the cost of the kit, install and paint will run you in the range of $6k up to $10k and possibly more.

Personally I think that kind of money can be better spent on performance upgrades
Old 02-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #8

Go on my thread called "lower?" and see Johnny Danger's yellow 986.
Tell me you can improve on that!!!
I'm not sure who's nose and tail caps he has, but they're great!
I wish they did something similar for 987.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #9

The gap between the hood and bumper in aparmex's first picture looks to be about 3/4"

-james

'01 Boxster S, 51k miles
'05 Mazda 6 Grand Touring Wagon
yimmy149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickurt
Go on my thread called "lower?" and see Johnny Danger's yellow 986.
Tell me you can improve on that!!!
I'm not sure who's nose and tail caps he has, but they're great!
I wish they did something similar for 987.
Looks great with one exception:
I am not a big fan of anything which makes the already huge front overhang even longer and all the GT3/GT2 bumpers do that (at least optically).
I think this works on a 911 as its offset by the 911's big ass but on a 986 it makes the car look front-heavy.

Just my 5 cents.
2015 FIAT 500e "Nikki" my commuter car
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:04 PM   #11

Garage
The front bumper and side skirts on my vehicle are from Hamann in Germany. The rear bumper is a German piece as well that is imported by FVD. As far as the body kit in question is concerned, its made in Japan by a fellow named Sawano who is the proprietor of Garage Eur GT. Those aero parts are his exclusive design. Although one can purchase his products, unfortunately he has no real distributorship here the US. And the cost of shipping alone would likely equal the price of the kit itself. He has some clips on YOU TUBE worth checking out.

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 02-04-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:35 PM   #12

Youtube Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtkJtFFM6tE
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #13

Garage
I think the design of his front bumper is very well executed. In fact, I greatly considered it for my vehicle. Unfortunately, the time constraints of my project required me to get it in a hurry, and the price for expediting the shipping was cost prohibitive.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger
I think the design of his front bumper is very well executed. In fact, I greatly considered it for my vehicle. Unfortunately, the time constraints of my project required me to get it in a hurry, and the price for expediting the shipping was cost prohibitive.
I agree with JD I think the front bumper has a very good style to it that compliments the lines of the Boxster well
Old 02-05-2010, 05:22 AM   #15

I LOVE opinions and how they vary!!
I agree with Chris about the front end being too long.
A boxster is a mid engine car and I want it to look like all the great mid engine cars of the past, that being very short in front of the front tires, a fairly long wheelbase, because the engine as well as the passenger compartment have to be between them. Then a nice long, tapered, sloping rear end to close the air smoothly back together as the car leaves it, because that is about 75% of aerodynamic drag - how you leave the air, not how you enter it.
The confines of being a roadster and practical street car limit that somewhat, but the basic "balance" of the design needs to remain "mid-engine."
I never "saw" the Boxster design until the Cayman came out. I immediately loved the Cayman, but then mysteriously, as I continued to drool over Caymans, I suddenly "saw" the Boxster and in a short time loved Boxsters MORE than Caymans.
Call me weird, but then again, my wife does it daily.....
Old 02-05-2010, 06:55 AM   #16

Garage
Certain that it is, a delicate balance between "form and function" is required to improve upon the aesthetic beauty of the boxster . Although some have expressed their opinion regarding front bumpers that create an elongated look on this vehicle, in my opinion there is nothing worse than some of the "turbo" look front bumpers out there that turn the front end of the boxster into a "snout".
Old 02-05-2010, 08:53 AM   #17

Bingo, Johnny.
I keep looking at the front cap on mine and seeing how to simplify if by removing the foglight assembly, rad opening grilles and that cheap crap looking trim around the center opening. Just blacking out the crossbars in the rad opening grilles made a huge improvement.
I need to post a new pic with the orange tumors gone from the front fender.