Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 08:13 AM   #1

Parrot MKi9200 + 2004 Boxster CDR23, anybody know how?

Hi all

I have a 2004 Porsche Boxster S which has a Single DIN Becker CD stereo CDR23 with Amp and CD Changer in the front boot. It has dash and door speakers too but no rear speakers.

I want to add a Parrot MKi9200 Bluetooth kit to it (for iPhone music and hands free calling) but I believe I need some kind of wiring converter between the stereo and the amp.

I have phoned around a few places and they all get a little stumped as to which lead I need. Some say I don't have a MOST system and others say that I do and its getting confusing. I will get it professionally fitted but would like to buy the kit myself.

Does anybody know which cable I need?

Thanks
Anim

UK

Last edited by Anim; 01-16-2010 at 01:28 AM.
Anim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:40 AM   #2

Hi Anim,

sorry you didn't get much help on this!
I'd be intruiged to know what you went for in the end. I am having the same predicament and currently, not even the experts know the answers until trying it out...

James
jamesbiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #3

You have a private msg

also many installers prefer to buy the kit themselves. That way they get to make some profit but they also have clear responsibility if something goes wrong. Imagine the case of the kit going defective, they probably won't want to take it out and replace it unless they sold it.

Your '03 should have MOST.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I am fairly certain that the Parrot will not work with your CDR23. The Y-harness that they come with will not work with MOST. It is not a matter of which cable you need, you would have to change the entire stereo to get it to work. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any iPod hookup for the CDR23 besides the Dension Ice.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:25 AM   #5

Thanks guys,
more specifically, I have a 2002 Boxster which has thebecker CD stereo CDR22 with Amp in the front boot. It has dash and door speakers too but no rear speakers.
really appreciate any help anyone could give

James
jamesbiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:09 PM   #6
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
CDR22 is not MOST and should be easy to connect an iPod and/or bluetooth. I would search this forum, I have talked about connecting an iPod on here before.