Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 07:25 AM   #1

Smile Cel P1411, P0410

bought my 02 box a couple months ago. 52,000 clean miles. clean carfax. tiptronic. the car was making a lot of wierd noise . power steering fluid was very low. just before I realized and corrected this got the CEL. codes show P1411 mfg auxillary emission control P0410 secondary air inj. systm mlfxn.
any ideas what could cause these?
had a vw turbo S at one time and replaced O2 sensors twice in one day. ended up just driving it with the light on.
thanks
besides all the fear of IMS, RMS failure I absolutely love this car. beats the old 924 I had years ago by miles. have had a couple of speedster replicas which were cool but the boxster is just a thrill to own and drive.

02box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:25 AM   #2

Link to info

Read this link
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:32 AM   #3

Thanks Mike. I should have searched a little more. there is lots of info on these codes on this site. looks like a trip to indie service guy for me.
02box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:07 PM   #4

I had these same codes a couple of months ago on my 02. Local guy couldn't track it down. Turned out I had two bad air valves that were causing these codes (they were sticking). This was discovered at the dealer. runs like a champ again.
mechtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:04 AM   #5

I have the same codes up on my 98 right now. I believe its the air valve. Winter project, along with the brakes, rotors, DS door pocket lid, Pedro motor mount and finding the little rattle somewhere in the top mechanism right behind my left ear!!!