Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 04:27 PM   #1

Smile How to adjust bass and balance on boxster radio

I just purchased a 2001 Boxster and love it. It has the Porsche CDR 220 radio and CD player. My question is, how do I adjust the bass and balance of the speakers. I hit the button with the notes on it and it says linear. I can barely hear just a little sound coming from the speakers in the door. Did not get a manual for the radio with the car. Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
lew

lgrawles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
2001 RUF 3800S

I dont have that deck anymore, but if I remember push the music note button and use the right knob. I think thats how it goes...
violametallic-S- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:12 AM   #3

First off - congratulations on your new car!

You can download a radio manual for free from Becker directly: Link Here

Next, you're in linear mode which you don't want to be (held down the note button for too long). Unlike the other menu buttons on the front, the note button just needs tapped to get into the menu.

Incidentally, you may want to open the faceplate (press the CD eject button) and pull it off and clean the contacts on the bottom. Just use either a pencil eraser or a q-tip w/ rubbing alcohol on it. When there is not good contact b/w the faceplate and the h/u strange things are known to happen.

Good luck

Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote