Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
2001 RUF 3800S

Audi S5 V8 vs 01 Boxster S

Just raced the new audi S5 once with PSM on and once without PSM. The first race I had it on, and launched it too hard so the psm kicked in, and then the rest of the gears it would cut me off for some reaon at around 6500rpm (never had it happen before). I believe my clutch engaged late and the computer cut me off, my clutch is starting to slip a little i think.

Anyways I lost that race, then we came to a second light. I turned off the PSM, light turns green and i launched her ever so perfect, nice smooth wheel spin and off, every gear I was ahead of him by a whole car length if not more. the best part was a nice bend was approaching so he backed off a little, then we had to slow down

fun race...

violametallic-S- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:04 AM   #2

I really do like the new s5's.

2013 Lexus IS350awd
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2004 Porsche Boxster S
tnoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:05 AM   #3

I had the honor of spanking a punk teenager in a mustang the other day.

2013 Lexus IS350awd
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2004 Porsche Boxster S
tnoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:46 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by violametallic-S-
my clutch is starting to slip a little i think.
...ya think, really?
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:54 AM   #5
2001 RUF 3800S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavor 987S
...ya think, really?

You being sarcastic?
Old 08-13-2009, 06:07 AM   #6

I am sorry but we don't allow "street racing threads" here on the forum.

Thanks

BL

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:27 AM   #7

I like reading them to see where the S stands Ever since I put the 3.6L in my boxster no one will race! It's like they know.
BoxsterLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterLewis
I like reading them to see where the S stands Ever since I put the 3.6L in my boxster no one will race! It's like they know.

We are enthuiastic supporters of track racing and suggest that you do any illegal stuff there.

The people that you DON"T kill will really appreciate it.

Thanks

BL

Old 08-13-2009, 06:52 AM   #9

good point, but if you are smart about it it can be somewhat safe, like don't race over 70 mph, in traffic, etc. i dont preach it but i don't mind reading about it
BoxsterLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:57 AM   #10

I understand but I am not really asking but more nicely, telling.

Thanks for your understand.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:10 AM   #11
2001 RUF 3800S

That's really too bad. I don't know what to say. I wanted to share my experience with fellow members that bought a boxster for the same reason i did. And that is to enjoy it. I had a feeling I would get a negative response from someone eventually.

Smoking kills more people then street racing, so how come they advertise it so much?

I guess I'll take it down a notch, wanted to start an interesting thread
Old 08-13-2009, 07:12 AM   #12

Quote:
That's really too bad. I don't know what to say. I wanted to share my experience with fellow members that bought a boxster for the same reason i did. And that is to enjoy it. I had a feeling I would get a negative response from someone eventually.

Smoking kills more people then street racing, so how come they advertise it so much?

I guess I'll take it down a notch, wanted to start an interesting thread

Again, take it to the track and run the crap out of it. Come back and tell us all about it; we will LOVE it.

Thanks for understanding.

BL

Old 08-13-2009, 07:25 AM   #13

violametallic-S-, you may have missed this page, and the following Forum rules:

"Brucelee and I hope to ensure that 986forum is an enjoyable place you want to visit time and time again. Our underlying philosophy is that the strength of the Member relationships we build here is what sets us apart from the other Porsche boards. - we are friendlier, more civil, more insightful, more mature, and more secure and thoughtful in our issue positions.

So remember a few rules:
-use appropriate language. Use of profanity =account deletion.
-do not use this forum as a vehicle to attack others
-no flaming allowed whether overt or veiled.
-take everything non-car related offline; sex, religion, race, etc.
-do not post any copyrighted materials not owned by yourself or the forum. (part of your Registration agreement.)
-be mindful of yourself and others.
-don't ask to add an avatar until you reach 100 posts.
-"For Sale" posts are individually reviewed by us for appropriateness. Keep it to car related stuff and you should be fine (no cameras, Harleys, etc.). Be patient - it takes a few hours or overnite sometimes. If you are contemplating offering parts/services for a sideline business or hobby then you should contact us beforehand. Remember we have paying sponsors.
-spam advertisers get their accounts immediately deleted.

This forum is not a democracy and Brucelee and I make the rules. As the owners, we get to determine when the line gets crossed. Violation of the rules means we have the right, in our discretion to remove/delete posts and if necessary ban/remove members without any warning!

So my rant is over...let's grow this site some more.

Rkwei
"

There are 2 key take-aways to understand from the above:

1) It is NOT a democracy
2) Only Richard (Brucelee) is allowed to brake the rules (with his political threads, that should be taken offline by Forum Rules)
3) As for #2, just remember rule #1

Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:37 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavor 987S
violametallic-S-, you may have missed this page, and the following Forum rules:

"Brucelee and I hope to ensure that 986forum is an enjoyable place you want to visit time and time again. Our underlying philosophy is that the strength of the Member relationships we build here is what sets us apart from the other Porsche boards. - we are friendlier, more civil, more insightful, more mature, and more secure and thoughtful in our issue positions.

So remember a few rules:
-use appropriate language. Use of profanity =account deletion.
-do not use this forum as a vehicle to attack others
-no flaming allowed whether overt or veiled.
-take everything non-car related offline; sex, religion, race, etc.
-do not post any copyrighted materials not owned by yourself or the forum. (part of your Registration agreement.)
-be mindful of yourself and others.
-don't ask to add an avatar until you reach 100 posts.
-"For Sale" posts are individually reviewed by us for appropriateness. Keep it to car related stuff and you should be fine (no cameras, Harleys, etc.). Be patient - it takes a few hours or overnite sometimes. If you are contemplating offering parts/services for a sideline business or hobby then you should contact us beforehand. Remember we have paying sponsors.
-spam advertisers get their accounts immediately deleted.

This forum is not a democracy and Brucelee and I make the rules. As the owners, we get to determine when the line gets crossed. Violation of the rules means we have the right, in our discretion to remove/delete posts and if necessary ban/remove members without any warning!

So my rant is over...let's grow this site some more.

Rkwei
"

There are 2 key take-aways to understand from the above:

1) It is NOT a democracy
2) Only Richard (Brucelee) is allowed to brake the rules (with his political threads, that should be taken offline by Forum Rules)
3) As for #2, just remember rule #1

Yes, this forum is an autocracy! Having said that, we need to change the post above because we DO allow political posts as long as they are done in the lounge and as long as they conform to the other rules ie no profanity, flaming etc.

I will ask RK to change. As for street racing, this is kind of a non-negotiable issue with me. Too many innocents dead and dying. I even know one, or more accurately knew one.

Sorry!

Old 08-13-2009, 07:57 AM   #15

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterLewis
good point, but if you are smart about it it can be somewhat safe, like don't race over 70 mph, in traffic, etc. i dont preach it but i don't mind reading about it
Wrong wrong wrong. If you were smart about it you would not race on the street. :troll:
renzop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:06 AM   #16

This could have been you....

Quote:
Just raced the new audi S5 once with PSM on and once without PSM. The first race I had it on, and launched it too hard so the psm kicked in, and then the rest of the gears it would cut me off for some reaon at around 6500rpm (never had it happen before). I believe my clutch engaged late and the computer cut me off, my clutch is starting to slip a little i think.

Anyways I lost that race, then we came to a second light. I turned off the PSM, light turns green and i launched her ever so perfect, nice smooth wheel spin and off, every gear I was ahead of him by a whole car length if not more. the best part was a nice bend was approaching so he backed off a little, then we had to slow down

fun race...
You joined the forum after I posted this.
http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16694
Check it out. A cat has nine lives, you have one.

Last edited by Spinnaker; 08-14-2009 at 01:08 AM.
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:49 AM   #17

I used to race on the street every now and then, not the case anymore. Decided to save the adreneline and need to compete for the track. Not only for safety reasons, but for legal as well. I did some research on state law conerning street racing the the penalties are very harsh....similar to a DUI here in IL. And lets face it, it's just like speeding or driving drunk, if you do it long enough you will get caught. It's not a matter of if, but when. Definately not worth over having a pissing contest on the street with some idiot that wants to race.

Adam is offline   Reply With Quote