Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 07:43 AM   #1
mts

Data on the 2004 550 edition cars?

Can anyone point me to some detailed data on the 2004 550 Anniversary Edition cars? Specifically I'm looking for how many of the 1953 cars came to the US and how many had the Cocoa interior vs. the Dark Gray. The interior question may be impossible to find, but it seems like the US imports data should be avilable somewhere as I've found that data on other Porsche special edition cars, just not on the 550.

2004 550 SE #1081 of 1953 (sold)
1997 911 Targa (sold)
mts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:57 AM   #2

PSE on a 550

Hello
I am the proud owner of #1501. It has the Grey/Black interior, with Bose, Nav, painted seatbacks. I have added the speedster humps and they look great. I was wondering how you like the PSE? I am looking to change my exhaust for better sound, and just don't know which way to go. If I may ask, where did you get your PSE, and how much was it.
Regards,
Mike
mballo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
mts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mballo1
Hello
I am the proud owner of #1501. It has the Grey/Black interior, with Bose, Nav, painted seatbacks. I have added the speedster humps and they look great. I was wondering how you like the PSE? I am looking to change my exhaust for better sound, and just don't know which way to go. If I may ask, where did you get your PSE, and how much was it.
Regards,
Mike
Mike,

The PSE, though expensive relative to some other units, has been one of the best purchases I've made for a car. Sound is very important to me as I think it adds a lot to the "driving experience". The PSE has been just perfect because it makes just lovely music (quite a bit louder than stock especially with my cat bypass pipes), but can be turned off when I want a much more quiet system. Sound is a qualitative item for sure, but I find the unit to be loud, but not "too loud" with no nasty resonance whatsoever.

I got mine from Suncoast Porsche which is where I get a lot of stuff. They are selling it online for $1,995 right now. I want to say I paid something like $1,795 for mine a couple years back, but I'm not certain......it could have been more, but I know it was under $2k.
http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=P&Product_Code=00004420020AND99661398710A05&Category_Code=986exhaust

No affiliation with Suncoast...yada yada.....

BTW, mine has the Black/Grey interior as well. A good friend just bought #1368 which is Cocoa and he was asking me about the import numbers and color combo numbers and I didn't know......hence the question.
1997 911 Targa (sold)

Last edited by mts; 07-23-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:40 AM   #4
Porschephile

OK. I'm nto the only nerd out there. I'm looking for the same information as you and I've gotten nowhere. Even called Porsche. What I have been doing is collecting a list of these cars, where they are and who owns them. Did you find anything on them? Give me some info on your car so I can add it to the list. -Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mts
Can anyone point me to some detailed data on the 2004 550 Anniversary Edition cars? Specifically I'm looking for how many of the 1953 cars came to the US and how many had the Cocoa interior vs. the Dark Gray. The interior question may be impossible to find, but it seems like the US imports data should be avilable somewhere as I've found that data on other Porsche special edition cars, just not on the 550.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:48 AM   #5
dalealan2001

I've heard that less than 500 were sold in the US.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:44 PM   #6
mts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomikaze
OK. I'm nto the only nerd out there. I'm looking for the same information as you and I've gotten nowhere. Even called Porsche. What I have been doing is collecting a list of these cars, where they are and who owns them. Did you find anything on them? Give me some info on your car so I can add it to the list. -Tom
I did not find out much. As far as my car goes its #1081 and it has the dark gray interior. It's in Lexington, Ky.

There is another one local to me, it's Cocoa, but I'll have to ask the owner what the number is. I'll post it when I get a chance.
1997 911 Targa (sold)
Old 10-28-2009, 03:33 PM   #7

Ive got 502 - grey interior

lwalters is offline   Reply With Quote