View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
mts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mballo1
Hello
I am the proud owner of #1501. It has the Grey/Black interior, with Bose, Nav, painted seatbacks. I have added the speedster humps and they look great. I was wondering how you like the PSE? I am looking to change my exhaust for better sound, and just don't know which way to go. If I may ask, where did you get your PSE, and how much was it.
Regards,
Mike
Mike,

The PSE, though expensive relative to some other units, has been one of the best purchases I've made for a car. Sound is very important to me as I think it adds a lot to the "driving experience". The PSE has been just perfect because it makes just lovely music (quite a bit louder than stock especially with my cat bypass pipes), but can be turned off when I want a much more quiet system. Sound is a qualitative item for sure, but I find the unit to be loud, but not "too loud" with no nasty resonance whatsoever.

I got mine from Suncoast Porsche which is where I get a lot of stuff. They are selling it online for $1,995 right now. I want to say I paid something like $1,795 for mine a couple years back, but I'm not certain......it could have been more, but I know it was under $2k.
http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=P&Product_Code=00004420020AND99661398710A05&Category_Code=986exhaust

No affiliation with Suncoast...yada yada.....

BTW, mine has the Black/Grey interior as well. A good friend just bought #1368 which is Cocoa and he was asking me about the import numbers and color combo numbers and I didn't know......hence the question.
2004 550 SE #1081 of 1953 (sold)
1997 911 Targa (sold)

Last edited by mts; 07-23-2009 at 09:53 AM.
mts is offline   Reply With Quote