Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 06:00 PM   #1

Question Some quick questions (i.e. "Is it normal for...")

Hey guys,

I have appreciated your help so far with my other threads. I'm so glad this resource exists or I would feel very alone. I love my Boxster so far. I was telling a friend earlier that I have never got so many "I want to get in bed with you" looks from girls before in my life... combined, hahaha!

Anyway, can you answer some of these questions for me?

1. Screeching brakes. Easy to fix? Whatever it is behind the rims (discs???) look kind of rusty. Can that be sanded down or something to stop the horrible noise when I brake?

2. Is it normal for the dashboard to creak when I turn the steering wheel?

3. Is it normal for the muffler to rattle a little bit when in the lower gears? I should have got the 3.2L, the 2.7L doesn't have a lot of power in the lower gears, by the way. Disappointing as far as that goes, but at least it looks nice!

4. Does anyone know how to adjust the seat's height in the regular base Boxster model? When looking at it from behind, I noticed the driver's seat is higher than the passenger's.

I have a Porsche service appointment tomorrow.

Thanks all!

kerplunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:51 PM   #2

I can answer a couple of those for you.

My Box's dashboard and top creaks just a little when I'm turning, especially if I'm turning at a higher speed. I think that's normal, or we may be in the same boat.

The seat's height can be adjusted, there is a lever on the side of your seat (I'm guessing you have an electrically adjustable seat), pull it while sitting on the seat and it should go down.

My brakes screech as well, it could be brake dust. Try washing the brakes the next time you clean your car, and see if that helps.
Lordblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #3

There is a level that you can pull up... I think it's just for the lumbar support though. Not really sure how that works. I think I need to read the manual better.

kerplunk is offline   Reply With Quote