Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #1

I'm back

Hi all, I have been non-Porsche for about 1 year now. I had to sell my Boxster since I had a little girl. I had water in my eyes the day the guy drove away even though I hated the idea of having a car that could potentially IMS or RMS on me. I got the P bug and took the plunge on another Pcar. Here she is....

Here's some specs
40th anniversary 911
1953 or 63 made
carrera gt silver
345hp
polished wheels
full leather interior
x51 power package

hdpt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:05 AM   #2

Your daughter's cuteness and beauty far outshines the car.

... but it's a fine looking Porsche too! I often wonder if I will ever "upgrade" to a 911.

May I ask what you gave for the car?

(I already know you gave your heart to your daughter!)
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:06 AM   #3

Very Very nice. Congrats. Is the third picture your daughter heading to prom?

Glad you could make it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpt73
Hi all, I have been non-Porsche for about 1 year now. I had to sell my Boxster since I had a little girl. I had water in my eyes the day the guy drove away even though I hated the idea of having a car that could potentially IMS or RMS on me. I got the P bug and took the plunge on another Pcar. Here she is....

Here's some specs
40th anniversary 911
1953 or 63 made
carrera gt silver
345hp
polished wheels
full leather interior
x51 power package

2013 Lexus IS350awd
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2004 Porsche Boxster S
tnoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #4

Thanks for the kind comments, my daughter loves to play in the car. I pretty much let her do what she wants and she often drags me to the garage so she can crawl back and forth. I only paid 35k for the car. I paid an extra 1600.00 for an additional 35k mile or 3 year warranty on the engine, drive axles and transmission.
The car is near flawless condition. If you have children and want to know if a babyseat fits in the back then it does =)
Old 06-15-2009, 12:15 PM   #5

Beautiful daughter!

I have considered changing to a 911 to have the small backseat for my daughters. I was wondering if you can compare the characteristics of each car, since you have driven both. Do you miss the convertible? Just like to get your thoughts.

Eric
E Kaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #6

Boxster steering is better but IMHO not by far. Grip on both are exceptional 911 better since it has wider tires (If you have wheels that allowed for wider tires on your boxster then Boxster wins hands down). Boxster delivers a funner drive. 911 is fun when accelerating fast. If I had to choose between both of them for performance, I'd choose the 911 for it's larger engine and great handling. I also choose the 911 as my wife and daughter can now go with me. I also didn't like the rattles and creaks of the boxster since it was convertible. 911 has been very solid and I have to really pay attention to hear any rattles.

Boxster = great handling and good acceleration (although I've read new boxster hit 60 in 4.1 with PDK)
911 = good handling and great acceleration

I know that my boxster would outhandle my new 911 but I'm saving up for the PSS9 install which should make my car a dream to drive. I do miss the convertible but in Texas, it's too hot most the the year to use it anyways and I don't have to worry about the top as much with wear and tear.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:11 PM   #7

How many miles are on it?
I know what you're talking about when you say it's too hot in Texas for a convertible! What region are you located?
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #8

I got it with 33,000 miles on it. I live in Austin so not too far from Dallas.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:59 AM   #9

Congrats on the car...just my $.02 on the Texas heat and the convertible...there is a small segment of us out there who actually LOVE the heat, so the Texas summer is perfect for me top-down...and the rest of the year??? Well, come on! That's just gravy!
roadsoundlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:52 AM   #10

Plano does not get the level of humidity combined with the number of 95+ degree days that Houston receives.

I think I'd drive my Boxster a whole lot more if I lived in Plano, four hours away from the Gulf Coast.

I spent three hours in my car on Sunday afternoon with the top up and the AC blasting and suffered dearly for it. The car went right back in the garage until I can drive it before sunup or after sundown. That rule will be in place until September.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote