Thread: I'm back
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #6
hdpt73

Boxster steering is better but IMHO not by far. Grip on both are exceptional 911 better since it has wider tires (If you have wheels that allowed for wider tires on your boxster then Boxster wins hands down). Boxster delivers a funner drive. 911 is fun when accelerating fast. If I had to choose between both of them for performance, I'd choose the 911 for it's larger engine and great handling. I also choose the 911 as my wife and daughter can now go with me. I also didn't like the rattles and creaks of the boxster since it was convertible. 911 has been very solid and I have to really pay attention to hear any rattles.

Boxster = great handling and good acceleration (although I've read new boxster hit 60 in 4.1 with PDK)
911 = good handling and great acceleration

I know that my boxster would outhandle my new 911 but I'm saving up for the PSS9 install which should make my car a dream to drive. I do miss the convertible but in Texas, it's too hot most the the year to use it anyways and I don't have to worry about the top as much with wear and tear.
hdpt73 is offline   Reply With Quote