Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #1

The Boxster is no more...

Well, I guess it still is, it's just not mine anymore.

It was a difficult decision, but I needed rear seats and wanted something with a warranty. I traded the Boxster in on a 2006 Audi A6 Quattro 3.2. So now the Boxster is gone, but not forgotten. Maybe a little later I'll pick up an older Porsche and do a restoration, as that's a hobby for me now.

I'll be writing up a "for sale" post over the next few days, as I find myself with a few Porsche specific things I have no use for any longer. It's been fun, and I appreciate the help and comments from all of you here on the forum. This is truly a special place that you all should be proud of. Not many forums are as "drama-free" as this one.

Thanks, Brucelee!

JackG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:08 AM   #2

That's all too reminiscent of the position I'm in lately. I keep finding myself saying, "it would be nice to have a rear seat "but, quickly with the..."what did I just say".

I have looked lately at what I'd replace the Boxster with if I had to. Audi RS4 is all I'd replace it with. Although, after doing some research, it would cost about $45-50K for a nice example. When the day comes that I do need a bigger car, I'll buy a Jetta...and keep the Boxster.
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #3

Yeah i kept thinking it would be nice to have back seats and a boot that could fit stuff in..

So i bought a subaru legacy estate to run as well as the boxster.
Adam_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:39 PM   #4

good luck and glad I caught the key word "warranty"

My A6 Quattro has a long list of issues. all of which seem to be quite common.
No system seems immune: engine, electrical. front end, rotors well you get the point.
urban_legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_legend
My A6 Quattro has a long list of issues. all of which seem to be quite common.
No system seems immune: engine, electrical. front end, rotors well you get the point.
Yep, I'm, well aware that there are issues that plague some cars. This one is Audi certified, so it's under warranty until 2012 or 100k miles. It'll be gone by then.

JackG is offline   Reply With Quote