Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #1

Top speed exhaust cat back/Che

This exhaust was recommended to me by a fellow member. At first I was hanky about getting this exhaust. I had the pedro exhaust which was too loud for my taste. I went to the bodyshop today which installed my exhaust while it was there . It sounds great . I am having the car repainted the factory color (artic Silver) as well as door jams. The car is 12 yrs old and I am the third owner. I am assuming either the first owner or second one had the bumpers resprayed and one of the front fenders painted cause they look like crap..LOL.. The fender was not blended into the door so you can tell the different shades of silver. The bumpers were not prepped right so there is dirt in the paint like crazy. I have a friend who owns a shop and is going to paint the car for 1500. Most of it is prep work and some materials. The door jams are a mess so going to be alittle of prep work. I can't wait to have my car back I will post pics. Of the exterior and the interior.

Last edited by clb0099; 05-02-2009 at 04:52 AM.
clb0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #2

I'm surprised to hear you say the Pedro exhaust was too loud for your taste.

I have the Oettle exhaust (basically same as Pedro, only from Germany) with Fabspeed secondary cat bypass pipes and the sound is just right.
PCA DE Instructor circa '95

Last edited by jmatta; 05-01-2009 at 07:16 PM.
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #3

The Top Speed/Che exhaust and I definitely recommend it, the customer service is top notch.

Last edited by Wingnut2u; 11-02-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Wingnut2u is offline   Reply With Quote