Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2009, 01:02 PM   #1

HELP! Opportunity for an '04 X51 engine in my boxster

Hi guys,

I am at a crossroads. I have a nice little 1981 911Sc with a 964 cosmetic upgrade. The engine has 167,000 miles but still runs great. The car needs a few thosand dollars in cosmetics and small things to make it ideal...maybe more.

On the other hand, I have a great Boxster with a Zeintop which is really in mint condition. The little 2.5 engine has almost 100k miles and still running strong but I am craving more power.

To the crisis - a local West Palm Beach high-end auto broker (with a good rep locally) has a 2004 X51 engine with 12k miles for sale. He is willing to trade the engine and the following hardware:

Engine X51 2004, verifyable miles.
DME
wiring harness part connecting DME
Pedal assembly with wiring harness complete
Front center radiator
6 speed Boxster S transmission
clutch
pressure plate
throughout bearing

plus anything else I may need for my little tired 1981 911SC. His friend, the carrera GT tech at the local Porsche dealership will do the difficult install for $5k -- including all the computer programming, which is a ********************.

This was done by european car magazine and a few others with great results and being I have so much tied up in my Box, I feel it is a kickass option -- what does the crowd thing...do it or don't?
1981 911/C2 conversion
1988 BMW E30 M3 (henna)
2004 BMW 325

Past
1988 944 Turbo S
1998 BMW M3 Cabrio
germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote