View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 09:56 AM   #18
germaniac

Well, I was on the fence about it...didn't really know what to do. I really took everything everyone here said to heart...and couldn't deny the fact that the SC, is and will always be a crowd favorite...

Then I went and met the guy and the Porsche tech...the porsche tech immediately told me the engine wasn't the X51, which was easily noticable due to the "missing" aluminum intake. It was a standard 3.6 but was dusty and dirty and didn't appear in my humble opinion to have only 12.3k miles on it.

So, I went home, still struggling with whether I wanted to do it. At around 11pm, I got a call from the tech, Mike. He said that with all good faith, he could not let me go through with it -- that there was a grave difference in value here.

He said for the money of the install, he can get my SC running tight and add some power/performance to the Boxster, all wrenched by a certified Porsche mechanic in his personal shop

So the decision is an easy one now Thanks for p;utting the doubt in my head in the first place everybody...and to those who stood by it, thanks again

I'll keep you guys updated on what mods he does to the boxster, as I know there isn't much that can be done with the exception of a supercharger or turbo

Thanks again,

Rob
1981 911/C2 conversion
1988 BMW E30 M3 (henna)
2004 BMW 325

Past
1988 944 Turbo S
1998 BMW M3 Cabrio
germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote