986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   may have found one!! (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19422)

mrfredsporty 01-23-2009 05:08 PM

may have found one!!

well, my new friends, i may have found a used boxster in my price range that seems pretty immaculate and tenderly cared for. its a 2002 with about 28,000 miles. 2nd owner. meticulously maintaned mechanically and body wise. heated garage . asking 23.9000. im hoping he will take $20,000. if it is as good as it seems and he will go to my price AND if i can get my finances together i may have one within the week. standard boxster. black on black. 5speed. everything perfect. mechanically and body wise.
sound pretty good???fred from nashville

Nineteen89 01-23-2009 05:50 PM

If everything checks out and you genuinely like everything about it, go for it but remember those risks we were telling you about.

941MXVET 01-23-2009 06:42 PM

I think your offering a fair price for that car, he should take it. $20k seams to be the high range for older Boxsters, but if it's in great shape, it'll be worth it. We bought the base also, it's pretty fast, just dosen't throw you back in the seat. If it dosen't work out, there are plenty of others out there, good luck!

Banana S 01-24-2009 05:07 PM

Price seems a bit high to me. FWIW, in October I paid $19,900 at Carmax for my 2002 Boxster S 6-speed with 39,800 miles on it. The car you're looking at has 10k fewer miles, but it's not an S. Just my $.02.

P-51 Mustang 01-24-2009 10:04 PM

Price seems a little on the high side, but if you want it bad enough there no stopping you. Good luck!

E Kaplan 01-25-2009 03:40 AM

I have the same car and color scheme. You'll love it. However, I have to agree with everyone else. Not only is the seller asking too much, your offering too much. It's your money, so do what you want, but I would not offer more than $17,000 for that car in this market and maybe go up to $18,000. There are so many sellers out there, it you can do much better than your current offer.

Eric

blue2000s 01-25-2009 06:06 AM

Prices on these cars still vary wildly from region to region. It's been like that for several years. The right price in one part of the country may be way off in another.

Perfectlap 01-25-2009 09:10 AM

too high for a 2.7. That's what a 3.2 should go for.
Does it have Litronics? 18" Wheels? Upgraded factory audio? How many miles on the tires? Hardtop?

Also, black is one of the few colors some folks outright avoid. Unless its a garage queen, it will look dirty half the time you own it. Personally, a black car is minus 10% off the asking price right off the bat for me. That's just my opine but I'd rather have to sell a silver or red car than a black one.

mrfredsporty 01-25-2009 12:51 PM

i bit!!

well my dear new friends, thanks for your input and great ideas as well as feedback. i looked at the box this morning. it was absolutely immaculate. except for 2 itsy bitsy stone chips on the hood it was damn near perfect. even the plastic window was perfect. it sounded muted but great. i drove it for about
30 miles. solid as a rock. i was worried about the battery , but its new. i thought i would be concerned about the tires but they have only a few hundred miles on the goodyear eagles. i just had a feeling that it was in exceptional shape. boy is it ever.lless than 29,000 miles. 2nd owner. victim of recession in his business. i offered 19999. he took it. now its up to my credit union and whats left of my credit. this is an absolutely exceptional boxster. i hope it goes through. if it does i will be a vociferous contributor to the forum. if not, well, crap!

litteng 01-25-2009 02:33 PM

money

its' only money, :) many of the comments may be right, but today, where you live, it is (must be) the best deal for you... i could find a lot of more enticing deals when i bought mine, but they were all far far away...

enjoy the car...

Jaxonalden 01-25-2009 02:59 PM

Rock-on Mrfredsporty. You know they have these things today called camera's. I hope you take advantage of one of those things and allow the rest of us 986Fourm fanatics the pleasure of gawking at your new found love.

For me personally, take one of the rear ;) .

mrfredsporty 01-25-2009 03:51 PM

if i could i would

thanx jax. i dont think i can but ill try.

mrfredsporty 01-25-2009 03:58 PM

gosh it worked!. think ill try another

Jaxonalden 01-25-2009 04:10 PM

Nice car, congratulations. Are the rims off of a 987? Looks like "Back in Black" is going your theme song.

941MXVET 01-25-2009 07:20 PM

Those are some sharp rims, your car looks super clean! Best of luck with her!

Banana S 01-25-2009 08:40 PM

Beautiful car. Black on black is one of my top three favorite color combos. (...the other two being red with black interior and Speed Yellow with black interior, which is what I have.) Put a few coats of Zaino on her and enjoy! :cheers:

mrfredsporty 01-26-2009 12:43 AM

well, guys and gals, wish me luck at the credit union today. the wheels i believe are the factory alloy option for the 16 inchers. the tires are extremely aggressive eagles but do not look like they are directional. guy i know with a modified nsx had some with the same pattern. very bad boys. black on black is my fav also. followed by red on black. also like tht burgandy metal flake color

E Kaplan 01-26-2009 02:44 AM

Hope it works out for you.
BTW, my boxster is black on black and it looks clean most of the time I drive it.
Best of luck with your financing.

Jaxonalden 01-26-2009 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfredsporty
well, guys and gals, wish me luck at the credit union today. the wheels i believe are the factory alloy option for the 16 inchers. the tires are extremely aggressive eagles but do not look like they are directional. guy i know with a modified nsx had some with the same pattern. very bad boys. black on black is my fav also. followed by red on black. also like tht burgandy metal flake color

As far as color, someone on here has a burgundy on tan that looks classy.

unklekraker 01-26-2009 07:53 AM

mrfred..very nice buy! I also like black on black combo but will not dare to buy one coz' I might end up sleeping in the garage to keep it clean :D :D :D

I used to have a black on black mustang and the wifey is going nuts due to the time I spend on cleaning it..it's me not the car :o