Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 01:15 PM   #1

My painted interior

I just finished this project; I painted the center console, side air vents, center climate control and radio frame, the clip in button frames, door lids, c clips, and handle covers. I painted them all silver to match the exterior of the car and then I clear coated them. They look great to me, I couldn't be happier and for about $30 worth of paint its a great way to modernize the interior, and I was able to fix several rattles from loose screws.

P-51 Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:07 PM   #2

Looks good...what did you do about the slats in the side vents? Did you pull them out or tape them up?

I did my center dash in Arena Red to match my exterior, but it looks a little goofy without the door trim and lower dash (Cubbys & batwing) painted. I have them sitting in primer in my basement waiting for me to get around to sand them.

Attached is a pic (taken with my phone) of my center dash mocked-up before polishing. I took apart my hvac controls and did that trim, too.

Last edited by Stroked & Blown; 01-23-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Stroked & Blown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Not bad! I like it!

I've repainted my interior for the 3rd or 4th time last week, Bought it with non-painted interior then I tried to paint it Chrome with a rattle spray can and that didnt work, Then I painted it body colored (Ocean Blue) but that was too subtle so I repainted it Silver and it came out HORRIBLE cause the weather was too cold.

I told myself (Screw that, Im not wasting clearcoat on that, Ill wait till its warm and live with the ugly silver paint job till it gets warmer and ill repaint it again). Now I painted alot of parts Matte Black and Gloss White.

Still need to paint the center console and the center air vents in white.

Sorry for blurry pics im posting...

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #4

In the side vents I took the slats out. They are actually not to bad to get in and out and they're numbered like 1R, 1L, 2R, 2L.... from top to bottom distinguishing from left and right, and they just pop in and out. I like how you painted the climate control unit that looks really good. I want to do my roll bars next, but im not sure how to take them out.

CJ_Boxster I really like your car. Yours and "djomlas" were the ones that got me to do my car.

Thanks!!!

P-51 Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote