Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 06:45 AM   #1
Track rat

Garage
82F and gorgeous yesterday!

I went out after lunch, put a quick wash and wax on the Box, and took her on a spirited top down cruise up my favorite canyon road. All the snow from a few weeks ago has receded so the roads were clear and dry. Lots of tourists riding their brakes though . Nice views of Catalina, San Clemente, and Santa Barbara islands. The car felt great. A much needed lift to the spirit.

There are lots of things not to like about California politics but the weather is second to none.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:27 AM   #2

We left SOCAL due to military orders in 1995 and have been trying to find a way to get back ever since. At this point, its probably good luck that we didn't get back and buy at the peak with the housing and larger economy heading south.

Funny thing is, we moved to SOCAL in 1992 just prior to a housing market collapse that occurred during those years. We were looking to buy but couldn't find anything in our price range so we ended up opting for military housing which was also a pretty good stroke of luck.

Even with the economy, earthquakes, fires, gangs, drugs, politics, we'd still go back if I could just find a job there.
past: 2010 Boxster S
turbo23dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:59 PM   #3

Smile Florida has better weather...

but they do not have our canyon roads
speedyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:11 PM   #4

Southwestern US is getting such nice top down weather right now isn't it? I love high pressures in winter, no precipitation and just amazing temps!
I'm drooling for a spirited drive myself... Too bad I'm waiting for my new clutch to set in...
Lordblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:30 AM   #5

-23 degrees last week and an 11" dusting of snow Sunday. It may be bad in the winter but Summers are second to none and much more enjoyed. I personally would trade some of that enjoyment for a little global warming. Ed
cvhs18472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:56 AM   #6

I could use an 82* day about now...
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:22 AM   #7
FTD

Beautiful photo, Jmatta.

I like the vicarious ride with Topless even better!

I am effin' frrrreeeeezing. No snow. Here in Atlanta we feel that if we have to be tortured with these temps and winds we should at least see some snow. Not that I like snow, unless I have skis on. Its just more interesting than freezing temps and high winds.

I need a caribbean getaway....

Brrr!
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:09 PM   #8
Track rat

Garage
Sorry you all are having a tough winter this year. If it gets too tough just hop on a plane and fly out west for a few days. Very refreshing!

Every winter we get a few weeks like this with warm temps, crystal blue skies and no wind. I do love it so. The forecast for tomorrow is rain . I guess we need that too once in a while.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #9

While it lasts...

Some great top down weather in the Sierra Foothills...mostly in the high 60s, light traffic, no seat warmer necessary...just right for a long sleeve T-shirt. And a month ago I was snowed in for 3 days.

davzin is offline   Reply With Quote