Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 11:50 AM   #1

Group buy on oil filter from Raby?

Any buddy consider putting together a group buy for the oil filter adapter from Jake? I am considering one and I am sure others on this list may be as interested. Perhaps someone with experience doing this could come forward?

No animals were hurt with this post and no and I don't believe I bored anyone with it so, Party ON!!!

AKL

Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:34 PM   #2

I need to learn more, but I'm probably in.
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil bastard
I need to learn more, but I'm probably in.
Lil'-B, go to: www.lnengineering.com and go to products, then performance. There is an explanation of the Billet Oil Filter adapter and what it is supposed to do.The LN site is different than the Jake Raby Flat Six Innovation site but they work closely together. Jake has the filter adapter for $115 whereas LN has it for $119, both are introductory prices. Hope the explanation covers your questions.
AKL
Old 12-30-2008, 06:44 PM   #4

I'm defiantly interested in purchasing one, I wonder what their margin is on the adaptor.
941MXVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #5
Engine Surgeon

I'd be happy to entertain a group buy of the units..

BUT this is not a component that we have much proft in at all, so don't expect any big price breaks over the intro price we have posted, even if a group of 20 people bought them at once.

Thanks for the interest!
Jake Raby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:48 PM   #6

It dosen't look like a high margin product! Either way, we're interested and may be purchaseing one for the next oil change. BTW, what Mobil 1 filter dose your unit take?
941MXVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:05 AM   #7

OK... so it 'piggybacks' onto the existing cartridge receiver? If so, I'm definitely in... just let me know where/when!
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:47 AM   #8

Filter types

Quote:
Originally Posted by 941MXVET
It dosen't look like a high margin product! Either way, we're interested and may be purchaseing one for the next oil change. BTW, what Mobil 1 filter dose your unit take?

The LN site lists the acceptable filters.

AKL
Old 12-31-2008, 06:37 AM   #9

I wolud be interested in an adapter as well on the "group buy" if it becomes available.
SRQ Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:59 AM   #10

i'm in.

just a suggestion...maybe we should keep a running list of those interested...every following person interested copies the previous list and adds their name the list in their post so it's easy to see the total of people like I've seen in prior group buy threads

I've taken the liberty of making an initial list in order of those that have voiced positive interest in a group buy, so forgive me if your name shouldn't be on it.

1. Allen K. Littlefield
2. 941MXVET
3. Lil bastard
4. SRQ Boxster
5. idheaton
Old 12-31-2008, 09:05 AM   #11

I'd be even more interested in a group buy on the IMS upgrade kit.
dmcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:57 AM   #12
Engine Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcutter
I'd be even more interested in a group buy on the IMS upgrade kit.
that would mean a group buy of engines, as the IMS upgrade requires a total engine tear down and build up.

The IMS retrofit is being tested now as a separate component to the upgrade and CAN BE instaklled into SOME ENGINES without a full tear down.

Find an organizer for the group buy and have him get the order to me via email, then we;ll go from there on the spin on filter upgrade.

Lots of good stuff coming up soon, the new facility is 95% complete and the new website is being loaded in a few days..
Old 12-31-2008, 10:20 AM   #13

Which engines can handle the "IMS retrofit"..2001 3.2L included in that group... Hope, hope...
trimblej3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:32 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Raby
that would mean a group buy of engines, as the IMS upgrade requires a total engine tear down and build up.

The IMS retrofit is being tested now as a separate component to the upgrade and CAN BE instaklled into SOME ENGINES without a full tear down.

Find an organizer for the group buy and have him get the order to me via email, then we;ll go from there on the spin on filter upgrade.

Lots of good stuff coming up soon, the new facility is 95% complete and the new website is being loaded in a few days..
If you happen to need a another car to test you IMS retrofit kit in, I have a 99 Boxster w/ a 99 3.4L that I'd be willing to offer as a test subject...

I'm in Smyrna Ga so I could even drive the car up to you and leave it for a while.

ian
Old 12-31-2008, 12:45 PM   #15

count me in.
past: 2010 Boxster S
turbo23dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:18 PM   #16

I am in for one oil filter upgrade.
James
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:06 PM   #17
Engine Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by idheaton
If you happen to need a another car to test you IMS retrofit kit in, I have a 99 Boxster w/ a 99 3.4L that I'd be willing to offer as a test subject...

I'm in Smyrna Ga so I could even drive the car up to you and leave it for a while.

ian
Thanks for the offer.. We'd be glad to help with service and updates for your car, but we have two dedicated test cars that are here just for the purposes of providing run time and data for developments, as well as the test work we can do in my lab.

We try our best to develop components ourselves and do all the test work before anything leaves our care and control. I never use customers for guinea pigs as its not fair to them...
Old 12-31-2008, 06:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Raby
Thanks for the offer.. We'd be glad to help with service and updates for your car, but we have two dedicated test cars that are here just for the purposes of providing run time and data for developments, as well as the test work we can do in my lab.

We try our best to develop components ourselves and do all the test work before anything leaves our care and control. I never use customers for guinea pigs as its not fair to them...
You're welcome, I was half kidding (half hopeful) as I really didn't expect you would use a customer car as a test mule... ....but I am definitely interested in this update once you get it ready for prime time.

Thanks,

ian
Old 12-31-2008, 07:24 PM   #19

count me in for the filter adaptor,

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:36 PM   #20

Jake, according to what I read on LN Engineering's site today, the IMS upgrade for the later model single bearing set up will be available spring '09 for $595. That is what I was referring to...didn't read like a total engine rebuild was required. As much as I would love a 3.6 upgrade, I can much more easily afford the IMS upgrade in the short term. But I'll go in for the oil filter adapter, too.

dmcutter is offline   Reply With Quote