Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 11:57 AM   #1

M96 info site

Check out ... www. lnengineering.com ... for some fascinating info on what is going to be offered now or in the near future for the M96. This is the firm that works with Jake Raby and has a many photos and explanations about what they do. Good job to bookmark the page along with Jake Raby's site and maybe one of the dealers near you.

I think this spring I will have the new oil filter and thermostat installed on my '02 2.7 TIP. Seems like it might be some inexpensive upgrades that may add to the longevity of the engine.

AKL :dance:

Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #2

Here's a hyperlink for ease of viewing:

http://www.lnengineering.com/
past: 2010 Boxster S

Last edited by turbo23dog; 12-29-2008 at 12:08 PM.
turbo23dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:18 PM   #3

You're running around spamming all the sites with this old news? See the sponsor at the top of this page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen K. Littlefield
Check out ... www. lnengineering.com ... for some fascinating info on what is going to be offered now or in the near future for the M96. This is the firm that works with Jake Raby and has a many photos and explanations about what they do. Good job to bookmark the page along with Jake Raby's site and maybe one of the dealers near you.

I think this spring I will have the new oil filter and thermostat installed on my '02 2.7 TIP. Seems like it might be some inexpensive upgrades that may add to the longevity of the engine.

AKL :dance:
Sputter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputter
You're running around spamming all the sites with this old news? See the sponsor at the top of this page?

Actually I am sitting on my butt, not running around but sorry if I am boring you

I think the explanations with photos may be new to some on the LN site, not the Raby Site Flat Six site plus the pricing and projected products may be of interest. Again, just move on if it is old news.

AKL
Old 12-29-2008, 01:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen K. Littlefield
Actually I am sitting on my butt, not running around but sorry if I am boring you

I think the explanations with photos may be new to some on the LN site, not the Raby Site Flat Six site plus the pricing and projected products may be of interest. Again, just move on if it is old news.

AKL
Again, this was the first time I visited the LN site and I learned a few things I didn't already know. I got the same response over on PPBB but Jake Raby did reply that some more good things are on the way so I guess you can count that as a positive for my post.

AKL
Old 12-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #6

This topic is never old news...many new developments will be coming as more engines are torn down for inspection. Even though I change my oil every couple thousand miles, I've already ordered the billet oil adapter to install next spring with the better filter; certainly can't hurt.

I also wish to learn more about the upcoming low temp thermostat; I'm curious if there is any advantage on my 3.2 that is never driven short distances and always brought up to temp?

PCA DE Instructor circa '95

Last edited by jmatta; 12-29-2008 at 02:04 PM.
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote