Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 04:58 PM   #1

CDR220 Phone Installation HELP

Just purchased a '99 Boxster with the lot. 36,000 KMS and under extended Porsche Warranty etc. Can anyone PLEASE help with understanding how the phone system is supposed to work? I have all manuals , but their is no explanation of what to do to use the phone system. I also have on-board computer that refers to phone, but once again, that's about it. Many thanks to anyone that can help or refer me for assistance.

art52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Setting up your phone to work through the stereo is really complicated and expensive. Basically, you have to dismantle the instrument cluster to mount a mic, wire the Becker AUX, hookup a mute switch relay, then hook it up to a 2.5mm phone jack.
I can explain in more detail if you want but I would recommend a bluetooth headset or visor mounted speakerphone, it will be easier and cheaper.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:53 PM   #3

Attached is everything printed in both the CDR220 and Factory Workshop manual relating to the Telephone for the Boxster. Hopefully it's useful...
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:33 AM   #4

CDR220 Phone Installation HELP

Thanks guys. I do have the full on board computer and there is a inbuilt mic. In my manual, there is reference to simply using any left or right speaker to hear conversations and automatically mute the radio. Does the phone have to be "physically" connected to anything to make this work? I guess it's not "bluetooth or infra red". What type of phone? Thanks again.

art52 is offline   Reply With Quote