Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2005, 06:58 PM   #1

Boxster

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and seek information. I am thinking of jumping into the boxster world and want to know what I can about the car. I will buying a low mile used car and simply want to know what to look for. I have read about some problems with the '97 and I think the 98 models. Other then that I know little about the car. My other choice is a 968 as they have a bit more room for my LONG legs. I have done large amounts of research on those and now want to have the same knowledge when looking for a 986. Any information I can use in my hunt will greatly be appreciated. I read Excellence and know the normal buy the newest and least amount of miles you can afford. So anything besides those wise words will help.

Bill

nidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 07:05 PM   #2

I would be happy to chat with you on this as it is a big subject. Feel free to call me at 760-522-7327.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 07:57 PM   #3

You know, all my tall buddies tell me they'd never, never, never own a Boxster due to the lack of leg room and no back seat in which to move the seat all the way back.

If you really do have long legs, I highly recommend another Porsche model.

I may be old, fat and balding, but doggonit I'm short and that makes me one happy Boxster owner...and better yet, none of my tall friends want to drive my car, which is good because I don't really like them driving it anyway!

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote