Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 06:56 PM   #1

Kind of overwhelmed

Okay, I've been searching for somewhere other than the tirerack to buy wheels for my car. I already know that I want the BBS RS-GT and the sizes I want and all of that. Does anyone know who is out there that is cheaper and easier to deal with other than the tirerack?

Secondly, I've been away from my car for like, oh I dunno, something like 16 months and I was kinda curious as to how much of a pain it is to clean and treat the top. I've never had to do it because before I came out to Iraq I had only had the car for about 8 months and it didn't need it then, but I'm sure it does now. Please hook me up with some good info!

boxster_s_boy_34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:53 PM   #2

Welcome back

Can't help you with the first question.

Regarding the top, I've used RaggTop (to clean and protect), and it seems to work pretty well.
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #3

You might find an online tire source a bit cheaper than TireRack, but their customer service is excellent and they are very easy to work with. I have bought tires from them four times now.

If you do find cheaper tire prices, be sure to compare time to delivery and delivery costs to TireRack. I'm betting you will find they are still the best all around place to buy tires online.

Discount Tire has always tried to get my business away from TireRack, but they just can't compete on price, including shipping and the added cost of mounting and balancing.

BTW, consider Michelin PS2's. Amazing grip in dry and wet and cool (not cold) conditions compared to other brands... but pricey for sure.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:33 AM   #4

Check Edgeracing...

I haven't had my 986 long enough to start wheel shopping yet, but you might check http://edgeracing.com . I picked up a wheel tire package for my GTI a few years back and was impressed with cust. service & pricing.

Cheers.
IFlyS5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:14 AM   #5

Smile Yuppers.....

I definately want to go with the Z1 Star Specs, but I was just trying to find a deal on some BBS RS-GTs.

boxster_s_boy_34 is offline   Reply With Quote