Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 10:54 PM   #1

Pics of my white LED's

Alright I did these some time ago but here are the pics. Although they look beter in person than in the pics. I first used the blue LED's and didn't like them they were too blue! You could not see red on temp gauge and during the day they were not very bright and hard to see. I could not read the MPH on digital readout during normal daylight. Then I instaled the white and I was really happy with them so I then did all the switches, cig lighter and AC unit in white. This is not an easy mod! You do have to un solder all the old LED's and solder in the new ones making sure you have all the polarities correct. However the gauge bulbs just plug in. It took me about 3 HRS to do. If you are not familure with soldering do not attempt this mod......however if you are have at it . I think it really brings the interior up to date. I wish I would have done this years ago.

boxster7614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:58 AM   #2

What's different...just brighter? I guess I don't drive my that often at night to recognize a big difference. I always adjust the dimmer control about halfway anyway; don't need bright dash lights staring me in the face.
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:34 AM   #3

These are white, stock color bulbs are amber! Mabe someone can post a pic of the amber ones as i did not take a before and after. There is a huge difference.

Last edited by boxster7614; 10-29-2008 at 03:15 PM.
boxster7614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:36 AM   #4

Thanks...as I said, Iguess I just don't drive the Box enough at night.

jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote