Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 08:39 AM   #1

Tip on putting remote back together.

I just received the replacement key head from Suncoast and took apart my old remote. Is there a tip to get it back together? It doesn't want to snap back together and I don't want to break anything. I already paid $22 for a piece of plastic the size of a half dollar

shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:59 AM   #2

Mine snaps right back on after I replaced the side where the buttons are.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:40 PM   #3

I went through this a few weeks back. Somehow or another the cover came loose and the key seperated into two pieces one night while I was out washing the car. I tried to put / snap the two pieces back together that night and they wouldn't go together for the life of me, it almost seemed as if the smaller plastic piece was warped and refused to snap completely into the larger key base. I set them on the dresser since I was getting frustrated and decided to look at them the next day. The next day I took out the small circuit board and battery and seated them properly into the the removed cover, then the two pieces easily snapped right back together, hope it works for you.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller
I went through this a few weeks back. Somehow or another the cover came loose and the key seperated into two pieces one night while I was out washing the car. I tried to put / snap the two pieces back together that night and they wouldn't go together for the life of me, it almost seemed as if the smaller plastic piece was warped and refused to snap completely into the larger key base. I set them on the dresser since I was getting frustrated and decided to look at them the next day. The next day I took out the small circuit board and battery and seated them properly into the the removed cover, then the two pieces easily snapped right back together, hope it works for you.

Ahh, that's the ticket! When I took it apart the circuit board was not snapped into the button side, so I didn't know it went in there. Thanks!

shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote