Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2005, 10:14 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
Thumbs up New Floormats :-)

For the holidays, I received a set of floormats from this company:

http://www.usspeedonline.com/page/U/PROD/LM-Boxster

They are the exact ones I asked for (Black with tan lettering), and I must say, the quality is outstanding. They came with little clips to hold the mats in place, and they are a little thicker and more rugged than the OEM mats that came with the car. The PORSCHE lettering is right on, and they are a welcome addition to the car.

Jus thought I'd share.

Anyone else get any cool toys for the Holidays???

-Kevin

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 02:08 PM   #2

LLoyds mats are good too. Thicker and plusher.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:20 AM   #3

I got some OEM floormats, a nice porsche sports hat (has a spongy chord in the back to really make it tight when you're riding along with the top down), a black porsche sweater, and a surprise... a nice black, reversible porsche jacket.

Covered head to toe in Porsche gear!

Finding my mechanic was my best present though... he's gonna fix my tranny for $600 instead of $3800.00!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:39 AM   #4

do the matts fit perfectly around the edges? I bought a set of black WeatherTech matts for $100 for winter (to save my red ones for summer) and about 1 inch is exposed on door side
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:25 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
Custom fit, like a glove. They are made for the cars, and I believe they really don't do much else besides make floormats.

VERY satisfied customer.

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 01:22 PM   #6

those look like nice mats...looks like they are the Lloyd's brand talked about above.
I got a techart billet shift knob (bought used) and some techart-style aluminum pedals. I dig the knob...nice looking, and the billet gives you that sense of being connected to something extremely mechanical. It also has a great feel when you get in the car on these cold mornings and that thing is darn cold...gives you some empathy for all those cold metal parts around the car...after a few blocks of driving it starts warming up from the heat in my hand, the cabin temp, etc and sort of gives an organic / reptilian feeling as it warms with its' surroundings.

dang, did I just write that about a shift knob?!?! sometimes I do get caught up in the experience of driving my boxster...but that's why I got it.