Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 12:33 PM   #21

I have been using RaggTopp (cleaner & protectant) and have been happy with it.

I have been masking prior to spraying on the protectant, though I'm starting to suspect it's really not necessary. Has anyone had any problems with it taking off the wax/sealant or otherwise harming the car's finish (assuming the overspray is immediately wiped off)?

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:05 PM   #22

How does the RaggTopp etc. compare to the Techquipment Porsche stuff? I have the top shampoo, waterproofer, and plastic window conditioner. Are the products at autotopia better?
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:33 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo
I have been masking prior to spraying on the protectant, though I'm starting to suspect it's really not necessary. Has anyone had any problems with it taking off the wax/sealant or otherwise harming the car's finish (assuming the overspray is immediately wiped off)?
I read elsewhere that it is hard to get off if it dries on your paint. This article recommended using your detail spray to clean it up before it dries.

I just use Novus on my rear window and the results are AMAZING! This stuff it great.
Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:06 PM   #24

FWIW, I used the 303 Convertible Top Cleaner, and the 303 High Tech Fabric Guard on my top today. My top is the light grey, which is hard to keep clean, and it was looking pretty dingy.

The results were very good, I was able to eliminate a nasty oil/grease stain with the cleaner that hadn't responded to anything else I tried. I also got rid of most of the dirt/staining where the top folds, and in general, the top cleaned up well.

I followed up with the protectant after masking. Prior to using it my top would not bead water at all. It went on easily and evenly, and in the high heat hear in Phoenix, it was dry in about an hour. One application was all that I needed to get water to bead nicely.

I went with the 303 stuff because I could buy it locally.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:00 AM   #25
JJJ

hi,
i have those circle water spots on my top and it's hard to get off...
i use the Raggtopp cleaner...
am i supposed to spray the area, and let it soak for the 10-20minutes recommended then use a brush and try to scrub it out??
i've tried spraying the raggtop and applying some water and using a brush to rub it out and it's having a hard time rubbing out...

For those who have been successful getting rid of those spots, what procedure did you use? Or should I just try the 303 cleaner....

Thanks.

JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote