Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2004, 06:12 PM   #1

Amberectomy - Help Toolpants!

Hi all,
Just got my clear indicators as a xmas gift to myself
I really want to remove that amber film from the inside of the headlight but im so stressed. It looks harder then i thought. Toolpants, you said use a solder iron and some other guys said that he just used plires. How far can i dig? can i really stuff up my healight if i crack something? Should i even stress about this? Is it simple as cracking away?
please help me!

Paps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 07:54 PM   #2

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=178&st=0&#entry534

If you mean the clear headlights, then you want to remove the internal plastic amber lense. It is too big to pull it out of the hole for the bulb unless you do something to the internal lense to make it small enough to pull out of the hole. Meaning you have to destroy the amber lense so you can yank it out

This is the size of the lense. So you will not be confused. The 3 sided clear lense in my pic is clear because it is from an externally amber headlight I took apart. The lense in the clear halogen or litronic headlights is amber.

Last edited by Tool Pants; 12-27-2004 at 02:33 AM.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote