Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 10:40 AM   #1

Greetings from the UK

just popping by to say Hi to you all from South Wales

kegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:31 PM   #2

Greetings from the US

Welcome mate. Post some pix of your car! Or at least tell us about it... And if you don't have one, tell us about the one you want.
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:08 PM   #3

Garage
Greetings to you Kegman, with a name like that you must visit the pubs and be an aficionado of the pint.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:26 PM   #4

Welcome aboard! How is life in the Mother Ship?

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:00 PM   #5

Hi Guys and thanks for the welcome........... the mother ship is soaking bloody wet, rain for the last 5 days, and the roof is up :-(

I work for a brewery..........and dont drink Jax lol, its the company thats just bought Bud, not a good place to work, but im fortunate that i run a small annex warehouse away from the brewery itself.

Hopefully i have got the signature right now Jeph :-)
Old 08-06-2008, 03:30 AM   #6

I am a big fan of Guinness. Do you work for Diageo?

Old 08-06-2008, 04:55 AM   #7

afriad not bruce....the company is called inbev....the only dark beer we do is Murphys and Boddingtons, we do send it to the states along with Stella Artois..... A good beer is "Becks Vier" it only has 4 ingreidents and has no chemicals as other beers/lagers do. and of course its German like our cars
Old 08-06-2008, 05:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegman
afriad not bruce....the company is called inbev....the only dark beer we do is Murphys and Boddingtons, we do send it to the states along with Stella Artois..... A good beer is "Becks Vier" it only has 4 ingreidents and has no chemicals as other beers/lagers do. and of course its German like our cars
I am ALWAYS open to trying a good German beer.

I will try to find this particular Becks before breakfast today!

Old 08-06-2008, 05:34 AM   #9

heres another for you Bruce, see if you can find Brahma, a really smooth brazilian beer......... try to avoid things like Leffe, Hoegarden, may be imports but they are cloudy beers and not that good, if you want to get outter your tree quick theres always Stella Artois, or the fuel they use on the space shuttle called "Tennets Extra" 9% alcohol in a 330ml bottle.but be warned
Old 08-06-2008, 07:28 AM   #10

Garage
Kegman,

In the military I flew allot to Germany for what we called "beer runs" (haulin' trash across the pond). The brew of choice was Parks Perminator. The beer was 13% alcohol by volume in a big bottle! The conversations we would have after a couple of those would make the owner of a brothel blush.

Cheer's to you Kegman!!
Old 08-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Welcome Mate!!
We have a local pizza joint that makes a killer white pizza with fresh garlic and Feta cheese. Stella is THE beer with it and they're the only joint around who has it.
I just got my Jo Siffert movie from Germany and it has tons of footage of F1 from the late sixties and early seventies. Geez, Brands Hatch was out in the country and they had photogs and all kinds of people walking around the edge of the track with cars flying right past them!!
Old 08-06-2008, 05:04 PM   #12

So many beers to try, so little time!

Thanks for the suggestions.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:45 AM   #13

The mind boggles at all the beers about bruce........ we produce 3 millilon cans and bottles a day....that doesnt include or keg/cask production

Quickurt, in the UK we call it Stella Act A Twat, or wife beater.....really bad rep over here

My son is in the forces Jax, and he wont touch the Tennets Extra, when we send it out of the warehouse they normally go 24 pallets to a trailer, but theres that much sugar in it that we have to send out 22 because of the extra weight on the trailer ! think i will avoid the parks then....1 of those and id be a gonna
Old 08-07-2008, 11:25 AM   #14

Quote:

Quickurt, in the UK we call it Stella Act A Twat, or wife beater.....really bad rep over here
I'll have to wear a sleeve-less white t-shirt to get pizza the next time, and see what happens!!