Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2004, 10:13 AM   #21

don't forget to add a light tinting to the wheels and the chrome gorilla spline drive nuts are worth the small cost. A silver hood crest with a 550 edition chrome rear badge rounds out Black Boxster very nicely.

Fuhrius, I agree $4-5K for wheels is serious Bank. But After selling my Miata with BBS Wheels and other mods I can tell you that those expensive wheels are investment in the resale of the car which will pay off thanks to selling cars on the internet. I posted my Miata at 4:00 on a Monday. at exactly 4:02 I had the first of 10 phone calls that day. By the end of the week I had over 50 emails and a guy flew up from Florida here to NJ to pay cash for my car's asking price. The guy called me from the terminal I picked him up, he gave me a ride to pick up the Boxster S and drove right back down to Florida! All within 6 days.
I really doubt there would have been that kind of interest if the car had factory wheels (among other things).
An extra $3,000 for premium wheels is not a big investment for a car worth over $20,000. (unless you have an old lady that doesn't understand you are a human being)

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 03:07 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally posted by Perfectlap
did you need a roll bar for Watkins?
At 5'11" I need the roll bar and stock seat slighlty reclined to pass broomstick. Since I always need the rollbar, I didn't read the rules closely.

Quote:

is that photo next to your name coming out of the S's ?
I am right under the 1470 on your track map - I think of that as mid-Esses since there is an important apex on the left. (I'm a little wide here since I just passed the 911 on approach to the low corner indicated by the arrow next to the 1470.)

Quote:

I'm hoping to do the novice school listed on the trackmaster.com
But I'm still getting used to the power of my S.
A few times its caught me out in a BIG way. Hopefully after a few Autocross events I'll be more confident.
Coming off a 94 Sentra, It took me about 3 months to learn to ease on the throttle rather than just mash my right foot down to the floor.

For perspective, You do know that Autocross is HARDER than DE driving - right?
Ad Sach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 03:37 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally posted by Perfectlap
did you need a roll bar for Watkins?
At 5'11" I need the roll bar and stock seat slighlty reclined to pass broomstick. Since I always need the rollbar, I didn't read the rules closely.

Quote:

is that photo next to your name coming out of the S's ?
I am just to the right of 1470 on your track map - I think of that as mid-Esses since there is an important apex on my left. (I'm a little wide here since I just passed the 911 on approach to the corner at the bottom of the hill.)

Quote:

I'm hoping to do the novice school listed on the trackmaster.com
But I'm still getting used to the power of my S.
A few times its caught me out in a BIG way. Hopefully after a few Autocross events I'll be more confident.
Coming off a 94 Sentra, It took me about 3 months to learn to ease on the throttle rather than just mash my right foot down to the floor.

For perspective, You do know that Autocross is HARDER than DE driving - right?

Ad Sach is offline   Reply With Quote