Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2004, 06:03 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
Cool Weather Cruise...

So I drove home to northern mississippi today from Montgomery Alabama.

It was dark when I left, and about 45 degrees, so I stopped at a local grocery store and bought a wool hat before I left.

With the top down for 200 miles, the stars were so bright, and it was so refreshing to just let my cares out the window as I drove along.

I just wanted to share...with the stress of the holidays and jobs and everything building up, this was a nice reprieve. Yet another moment where it was me, my Boxster, and pure bliss.

-Kevin

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 09:52 PM   #2
b0xt0La

I wish I could put the top down ( you know how it is in cny). I love looking at the stars when my top is down. Now I have to wait till next year or a weird day where the temp hits the 50's.
Alienz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 08:21 AM   #3

Yea, I was checking out the weather up there (my girlfriend still goes to Syracuse), and I'm glad to be down here! You never know...there was a day in january a few years ago when it hit 67, and we thought judgement day had come, hahaha

-kevin

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Old 12-14-2004, 06:17 AM   #4

Ive done the same drive with the top down in cool weather. It is invigorating. All you need is the windows up and the fan midrange for heat and a hat. Nothing beats it. I wish i could be driving on Rte 17 upstate NY. From the NY Thruway to Binghamton the nights are so clear and the heavens are so bright. We never get this display in Long Island due to all the light pollution.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:32 AM   #5

Living here in San Diego, we get tons of top down driving. It is nice to ride the Coast Highway in Dec with top down. Now, we are still talking 60 plus degrees here but it is a change from summer time.

Good stuff!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 02:50 AM   #6

There is cool top down weather (36F) and this morning top up drive to work (14F)
Ad Sach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 06:46 AM   #7

Actually...this morning here in mississippi...it was 18 degrees! That's horrid...I thought I left this weather behind! Its coming down to haunt me. Pretty soon it'll be 70 up there and 10 down here.

Old 12-17-2004, 04:33 AM   #8

Mid 40's and rising with lots of sun! Heat on, music cranking, and a hat and I am ready for takeoff. Numero uno on the runway. Porsche Boxster only way to fly!!
Old 12-17-2004, 03:31 PM   #9

This morning was a balmy 34 degrees w/ light snow - my first top down drive in 3 weeks

(The weather hasn't been always too cold - I was on vacation for 2 weeks, then sick).

Ad Sach is offline   Reply With Quote