Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2008, 06:55 PM   #1

2003 OBC Help (Bay Area)

I have a 2003 Boxster and took it to the local Walnut Creek Porsche dealership to have the OBC turned on. A few technicians and 15 minutes later, they said the code is locked and cannot not be accessed via their PIWIS (new PST2?). Having a 2003, I was not surprised on what they said. So I told them I have a video that shows how it is done on a PST2 and an article from PCA

http://www.pca.org/tech/tech_qa_question.asp?id={FC83CE49-9766-48D9-AD9A-B79980832239}

that has the same information. Although they were kind enough going to do it for free, they were not interested or willing to perform the special procedure.

Can someone kindly point me to where in a Bay Area I can get this done easily?

Thanks!

Peter

psng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:42 PM   #2

You said you have a video on how to do the OBC hack. That video/DVD was made right in your back yard! Look up "Tool Pants" on here and every other Boxster board. He's in San Jose and is the king of the OBC hack. I'm sure he can help you. If you check on Renntech.org you can see when the next Bay Area work on cars day is and get it done there.

Kirk
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #3

Kirk,

The video I have are Tool Pants 3 DVDs I bought in February. I mentioned to them I can show them the DVD but they were not interested.

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
You said you have a video on how to do the OBC hack. That video/DVD was made right in your back yard! Look up "Tool Pants" on here and every other Boxster board. He's in San Jose and is the king of the OBC hack. I'm sure he can help you. If you check on Renntech.org you can see when the next Bay Area work on cars day is and get it done there.

Kirk

psng is offline   Reply With Quote