Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2008, 06:41 PM   #1

Price check on 2003 Boxster

Hi all. I was pointed to this site from the FChat board for some information on buying a Boxster.

My brother is currently looking to buy a 2003 model in Baton Rouge that we test drove today. The car looks nice and drove very well, no curb rash on the wheels and the interior is top notch. The only cosmetic blemishes I found were the clear coat is pealing on both rear view mirrors and the 'Boxster, emblem on the trunk has the top part of the 'B' broken off. This is a dealer selling the car and with a 2 year or 50K mile complete warranty. They are asking 29,995 for it with 21K miles. Here's the car:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=21&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-%7cE-%7cM-_41_%7cD-_391_%7cN-N%7cR-150%7cI-1%7cP-PRICE+descending%7cQ-descending%7cZ-70454&aff=national&paId=277231830&recnum=4&leadExists=true

Seems a bit high to me, but supposing they respray/fix the mirrors and the emblem, what would be a fair price for this car?

Also, what are some of the 'Boxster specific' things that he should be looking for? I hate coming on here and sounding completely clueless, but I really know nothing about P-cars.

P.S. the car was a blast to drive!
DMaury is offline   Reply With Quote