Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 05:19 AM   #1

NHP Exhaust headers

Maxspeed Motorsports is selling NHP Exhaust headers with 200 cell cats for about half the price of the similar fabspeed headers. Anybody know anything about NHP. They don't look quite as nice as Fabspeed but at half the cost it makes you take a look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360065119262

Thanks for the feedback

Last edited by Wingnut2u; 06-26-2008 at 05:25 AM.
Wingnut2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:13 PM   #2

Wow, looks really nice to me. Sure maybe not as fancy as the Fabspeed headers, but still certainly functional and look like they're good quality. I don't know anything about NHP, but Maxspeed is pretty good. I've bought a couple things from them and have had a good experience, so I trust them.

I'm always looking for a good deal though, so I personally would wait a bit since these headers were just released onto the market. I know that the other exhausts and headers that Maxspeed sells eventually hit eBay at cheaper prices. The same might happen here.
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:18 PM   #3
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Wingnut2u,

Thanks for posting this. I would love to have a set of headers with sport cats and a set of secondary cat bypass pipes to go with my Stebro Sport exhaust.

I don't know anything about NHP, but will follow this thread looking for more information in the future.

Thanks,

ddb
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:05 PM   #4

Google showed nothing for "nhp exhaust". China made?
Sputter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:28 AM   #5

Nello sent me those pics a few weeks ago of their new catted headers. I was hoping that they had more or less copied FabSpeed's design, however, the layout of the plumbing is horrible for flow around the cats. Notice the smooth gradual bends and reducers used on FabSpeeds headers, and then look at how the inlet on these goes straight into the cat with no reducer, and then the exit of the cat is offset from the center, with a very small end tank.

I may be wrong in terms of real world performance, but looking at the pictures these do not look like they will flow very well. On the flip side, its still better than the horrendous stock headers....

Patrick
Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:35 AM   #6

Nello had sent me the photos a while back before the official release....I had to promise not to display on the net...

Once I saw them, I thought the same thing about the flow characteristics.

Although they do deal with the CEL issues, I would like to see some dyno info on them as I was considering purchasing them along with fabspeed bypass pipes to do a complete install with my new OEM PSE.

Anybody purchased these yet and ran them? Jon
jwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:10 AM   #7

jwade,
I couple weeks ago I purchased a pair from Jeremy at ImagineAuto along with the Fabspeed bypass pipes and muffler setup. I did the install and it went very smoothly 1/2 day DIY on '02 S w/ 21K mi.

Weld quality looked good, O2's in the right locations kit connection allignment was reasonable and holes dead on. I have only put 100 miles on the setup but no CEL's and it felt like it pulled a little harder and sound is Excellent! I would highly recommend this setup for any 968 S owner. Weight reduction of 20# I weighted everything...

I am in the process of installing the EVO intake kit and as expected it is a more challenging project than the exhaust but I'm almost there. The final upgrade is going to be a ECU S/W and I'm looking at options now, there are plenty I've found out...

Did a baseline stock dyno run a month ago and once the S/W is done I'll run it again, baseline (desnorkled) was 229.3 RWHP which I was happy with. Of course after my Dad's Z06 at 383 RWHP, it seemed a little weak...

Regards, Chris
Chris02BoxsterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:32 AM   #8

those primaries are way too short. they look like they're for a turbo car.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote