Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 14
Honeycomb seat ferring?

I was wondering how much the plastic honeycomb seat insert was to replace. And also what it was called. Is it a ferring? I don't know what it's called. The driver side the top clip snapped off so it doesn't stay on very well at all. I already had to go back on the highway once to go and get it. Any thoughts?

arkaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:41 PM   #2
Registered User
Lil bastard's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Du Monde
Posts: 2,199
It's called a Wind Deflector and the PN# for the Driver Side is 986.561.583.01C

You can often find them on ebay, usually in pairs. They're spendy from the Dealer or other suppliers - much more than you'd think just to look at it.

Rather than replacing it, you could try using some double-sided foam tape to secure it, or even some wire ties.

1990 Porsche 964 Carrera 4 Cabriolet
1976 BMW 2002
1990 BMW 325is
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page