Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2014, 04:56 AM   #21

Garage
This post was a life saver... had the same as many on here PSM and ABS lights came on shortly after driving away (now I know it was when I braked), lights would go out when I turned the car off and on again – when I checked I had no brake lights when pressed.

Got the replacement switch as my switch shaft grinded and often stuck, it’s hard to twist your body to get under the foot well and like many I shaved a few mm from the clips to it turn the 90 degrees required. I’m no car expert, but it’s great to save the money rather than giving cash to the garage !!
required

oddbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:50 AM   #22

Other points that may be of interest to anyone that comes across this thread:
  • The switch is 'On' when you take it out of it's mount, so after you've cleaned it and reconnected to the wiring, when you test it before mounting the brake lights will be on. I thought I'd messed up putting it together but the switch is actually pushed in when mounted, and releases when the pedal is pushed. that was counter-intuitive to me.
  • I ended up sitting in the seat upside down so I could get both hands to remount it. It's one part limbo and one part yoga to get it back in.

grantmr is offline   Reply With Quote