Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2008, 09:24 AM   #1

Interior Mods

I always thought the carpet on the doors looked a little cheesy. So I removed mine and replaced them with a synthetic suead....I would have used real but this was a perfect color match and I don't have to worrie about water spots in case of a little rain. I'm sure if I had a black interior color matching would be a much easier task. I would have liked to use real suead but no one knows the diff anyway.

I know someone posted not to long ago on how to do this mod....the only change I made was I put a thin layer of foam between the suead and the old carpet I scraped off.... I also did behind the seats.

It's kind of hard to see the suead texture in the pics.

Other interior mods I have done are......Swaped to full power seats from a 996 and retro fit the seat heaters in. (after I left the top down on a blue sunny day ..a freak rain storm..and the rain toasted my seats. Still can't figure out how it rains with a clear blue sky) white face gauges, sliver trim rings, painted a few silver accents(center ash tray, Door pocket lids), cup holders, savana beige E-brake , repainted center console due to texture pealing and most recent, changed all gauges, AC unit, and switches to white leds...I'm working on pics for that one. (always hated the amber)

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][IMG]
[IMG][/IMG] http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/boxster7614/boxsterstero007.jpg[/IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

boxster7614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:34 AM   #2

I'm not a fan of that color interior but the mods look good, much better than the carpet. i did the same in my car except i did leather

good work

A careful driver is one who honks his horn when he goes through a red light
-Henry Morgan
xxxalexxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:08 AM   #3

Looks nice!
dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:28 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
nice man, how hard would it be to wrap the part in between the seats that houses handbrake and shifter and all that? i bet hard couse theres a lot of curves, but that would look sweet.
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Looks really nice! Good job.

I like that the synthetic suede is lighter in color than the upper door panel. IMO this combo looks better versus if the colors were an exact match.
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:06 PM   #6

I agree the original carpet looks cheap. Wonder what yours would look like if you went with black suede on the doors and behind the seats?