Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2008, 03:20 PM   #1

Easy to fit DVD players?

hey,

in my old car, I had a JVC DVD player but the screen was so small it annoyed me (2.7'). Now I have my boxster I want to add some nice stuff to the interior. Anyone have any experience of adding a larger screen (6.7 to 7')? I ideally want a system that is all in one and doesn't have a screen that 'comes out' when u want to put in DVDs/CD, it just slides up instead. Are there any with removable antitheft screens too? Looking to spend about £400-500. Also, are they easy to fit i.e. DIY?

Thanks

J

jwl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:55 PM   #2

Check out the Avic D3

Hey J,

Should check out the Avic D3 from Pioneer. Bought that one becos I didn't want one with a lot of mechanical mechanisms sliding or tilting. Its a fixed screen with a slot loading dvd/cd player. Descent size screen, not the biggest but its got a clean look to it, not a lot of buttons which makes it simple and easy to use personally. I just installed mine recently and it was not too bad at all.
trieullionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:33 PM   #3

hey trieu,

yeah saw ur past in another thread about them. looks pretty damn sweet. but out of the budget (just bought litronics ) ended up getting

http://www.clarion.com/gb/en/products/2007/multimedia/multimedia_source_unit/VRX578RUSB/gb-en-product-pf_1167298214459.html

Had everything I wanted, and i don't think i'd use the sat nav.

Thanks anyway mate
Old 03-20-2008, 02:53 PM   #4

that looks like a descent size screen. is it an indash single din system. Is the screen fixed or does it fold in when not in use? looks like a clean looking system, using it mainly for dvd features and music?
trieullionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:07 PM   #5

yeah, it folds back in to a single DIN, and yeah it's just for DVD/Music. iPod connector with an iPod player application too The main feature i liked was that the front panel is detachable so the unit is useless if someone tries to steal it and is also not on show when the car is parked. I'll update when i've got it fitted. need to decide which DIN to put it in for a start :S
Old 03-20-2008, 05:40 PM   #6

Trieu, where did you get the plastic around your dvd player? that looks awesome!
juan986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:36 PM   #7

Trieu,

Where did you get the Porsche logo under the unit
Old 03-21-2008, 08:13 AM   #8

Yes Trie,

I had the same question as above...Was that a custom face place with a Porsche logo (purchased seperately?) Tell us more about your faceplace. It looks super.

Thanks.

vheidenr is offline   Reply With Quote