Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2008, 05:14 AM   #1

Scored a used PSE, couple of questions.

I found a used PSE from German Auto Dismantlers and it arrived yesterday.

1) What is good for polishing the tips? They are somewhat scratched in areas and a polish will take care of that.

2) For owners of the PSE, are the tips on your not quite exactly a mirror image? This out has the left just a couple of millimeters out from the right. It was noticable to me right away so I start trying to pry them into alignment.

There were no electronics with it but it did come with the mounting bracket (which is good seeing as I have a 99 2.5L). I currently have the Maxspeed muffler on it and will be selling it once I make the change over. It is a good muffler if you don't mind the resonance. Even the race shop begged me to keep it, lol!

Thanks
Chris

Old 03-18-2008, 06:11 AM   #2

Chris, if you are doing this install yourself do you want some company? PM me if you are interested. I'll check the tips on my PSE later today.
Kevin
CT986S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:11 AM   #3

I just use a chrome polish and they stay pretty shiny. The outlets on mine are not perfect but so close you would really have to look hard to see any imbalance. Its a great sounding exhaust. I love it.
ROW M030 Suspension
Front & Rear Strut Braces
B&M Short Shift & EVO Billet Linkage
steve00s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:22 AM   #4
bmussatti

Dragonwind, good find on the PSE! Congrats. You will love it. So many of the aftermarket guys say "no resonance". But, like yourself, find out that is just not true.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:54 PM   #5

Thanks guys. I am hoping to put it in this weekend so I got some polish and it definitely helped. It has some heavy scratches underneath but they are not going to be noticeable unless you get under the car. I'll post some pics when done.
Chris
Old 03-19-2008, 06:04 PM   #6
bmussatti

I wonder how it would look if you painted it with special heat resistant paint. Say black? Prior to install.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:04 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
get some 000 grade steel wool.
works like MAGIC, and only should take you no more than a minute to get perfect shine right back up.
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:52 PM   #8

It's in! I had to re-drill new mounting holes for the support bracket but that wasn't
too big of a deal. I don't have any lower support becuase the Maxspeed one didn't need it. Despite that everything seems tight.

Chris
Old 03-23-2008, 12:57 PM   #9
bmussatti

Looks great! How do you like the sound?
Old 03-23-2008, 05:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Looks great! How do you like the sound?
Much better! This was the sound I was looking for (combined with the EVO) and none of the mind numbing resonance.

Chris