Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 03:46 PM   #1

Smile Accessories for Boxster

I'm looking for a cupholder for my 2000 Boxster and, perhaps, any other accessories. I just purchased my first Porsche and am not familiar with too much about it yet. I'd appreciate some help.

Thanks,
patloc

patloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:01 PM   #2

Congrats and welcome! Before we'll help though you must post a picture of your new ride

Just kidding. Do a search in this forum for the items you're interested in. There are lots of options for cupholders, from OEM (pretty worthless from what I'm told), to converting the "oddments" tray into one w/ foam and of course the "ultimate cupholders" ($25 each) but look great IMNSHO. I liked them so much I pulled one out of the Boxster and put it in my daily driver.

Be careful though and don't think it'll stop w/ just modding cup holders. You'll soon become addicted.......... like the rest of us
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:39 PM   #3
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
I'll second the Ultimate Cupholders. Pricey, but overall the best option for me. I only use mine for bottled water and other drinks with a cap. They work really well for these type of containers.

ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #4

Can't use em because I have a B-K mount and halon extinguisher on the passenger side.

Besides, I think an exposed cupholder just looks fuugly, I really hate the look of it. Sorry guys, but I do

I use the cupholder which sits inside the center console:

I don't keep anything else in there (I have the Rear Storage Box for odds & ends) and it works fine - much less expensive than a pair of ultimates too!
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

Last edited by Lil bastard; 03-12-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:55 PM   #5

I have a set of factory OEM Cupholders that install above radio.

Similar to this eBay link:

Make offer
Old 03-12-2008, 11:56 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil bastard
Can't use em because I have a B-K mount and halon extinguisher on the passenger side.

Besides, I think an exposed cupholder just looks fuugly, I really hate the look of it. Sorry guys, but I do

I don't keep anything else in there (I have the Rear Storage Box for odds & ends) and it works fine - much less expensive than a pair of ultimates too!

that lid is prone to breaking, i dunno if id wanna drive around with that open...have any problems at all? that just looks goofy if you ask me,

i drink a lot of water, and i just stick it between the seat and door kinda area, and it worked fine (i have those that hook up to the vents, and they work good too)
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by djomlas
that lid is prone to breaking, i dunno if id wanna drive around with that open...have any problems at all? that just looks goofy if you ask me,

i drink a lot of water, and i just stick it between the seat and door kinda area, and it worked fine (i have those that hook up to the vents, and they work good too)
Yea, I worry about that too, but after many years, it's not a problem (knock on wood). I close the top forward when I have a bottle w/ cap and such, with a cup or 12 oz. can, you can close it completely. If the hinge breaks, I'll add the Hinge rebuild kit which is much stronger than the OEM one anyway. I already have it on the shelf.

Truth is, I don't do much drinking and driving - lol so it's not in constant use.

When my wife and I go for a cruise, we usually bring along the small Porsche mini-cooler (which we won as a door prize at one of the local dealer's open house):

This will hold 3 cans or 2-20oz. bottles. It fastens to the passenger side footwell, is powered by the cig. lighter in the car, and actually works pretty well. Because of this, we are only using the cupholders when we are actually drinking the drinks anyway.
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

Last edited by Lil bastard; 03-13-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:42 AM   #8

Will hold a pair of Coronas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil bastard

Sputter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:40 AM   #9

My wife bought me the cupholder that sits in the console and while functionally it works fine I had a real hard time knowing she paid $50 for a piece of plastic that was probably worth about $5.00. It felt very cheap. I ended up giving it away. Wasn't as big a deal for me as a lot of people because I hate to eat or drink while I am driving.
ROW M030 Suspension
Front & Rear Strut Braces
B&M Short Shift & EVO Billet Linkage
steve00s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:25 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to PSL-Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb
I'll second the Ultimate Cupholders. Pricey, but overall the best option for me. I only use mine for bottled water and other drinks with a cap. They work really well for these type of containers.

ive been looking for something like this for a good time now.. can u tell me where to get them? greatly appreciated!
PSL-Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:49 PM   #11
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
PSL,

Here you go.

http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/

ddb

ddb is offline   Reply With Quote