Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 04:59 AM   #1

Dumb Question: Where Is The Serial Number?

I am trying to join PCA and they require the serial number for the car. I am looking for it in the maintainence book. I am looking at the second page where the vehicle identification sticker is. There are a bunch of numbers. None is labelked as the serial number. I also have a small card with a bar code on it and another series of numbers (none of which match the number on the identification sticker in the book). I am not sure what the card is. It was stuck in the case with the manual and other books that came with the car (purchased used in August).

Help!

BTW: this is a great forum. It has been very helpful both pre-and post purchase. thanks to those who put it together and keep it running.

NJkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:04 AM   #2
Porscheectomy

ALL cars have their serial number in the driver's side bottom corner of the windshield. The tag with the numbers on it that you mention is your radio code, keep that safe.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:15 AM   #3

Vin # ?

Before I go outside and look: isn't the number on the windshield the VIN number?
NJkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:18 AM   #4

Serial Number = Vin# for your PCA membership.

Confused me too.

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote