Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 07:40 AM   #1

What to disconnect for PSE on?

I know that the vacuum lines can be disconnected to have the PSE (Porsche Sport Exhaust) always on; however, I understand that something in the engine bay can be disconnected and/or removed for the same results - can someone provide a pic or detailed instructions of exactly what I have to do?

Bob Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:27 PM   #2

What year is your car?
ROW M030 Suspension
Front & Rear Strut Braces
B&M Short Shift & EVO Billet Linkage
steve00s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:31 PM   #3

There is a way to do this without disconnecting the vacuum line - I did it on my 911 which has a PSE and it's a fairly simple matter of finding the relay that controls the bypass valves and snipping out the diode that is connected to the speedometer with a pair of wire cutters.

Then you can still control the PSE manually with the dash button so you decide when it's loud or quiet rather than being affected by how fast you're going.

Try doing a search on "PSE relay hack" and you'll find someone who has posted more detail on this.
TMM986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:23 PM   #4
bmussatti

Bob, send me a PM with your fax number and when I return from Hawaii I'll send you the installation instructions for PSE on a 987. This may help you.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:57 AM   #5

I guess I should have waited to ask the question until I got the car...picked it up on Feb. 29 (2008 Boxster S). I ordered it with the PSE and low & behold there is a switch below the radio, on the left, that allows me to turn it on & off (default is off). Not that much difference when the RPMs are low but it wakes up when revved. I wish it was louder though albeit I can live with it.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:01 AM   #6

bmussatti - I could not PM you (your mailbox is full). But thanks for the offer to help!