Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #1

Silence at last

Alright for the past year or so my cars suspension had become so noisy that I almost sold it. I know this is not a new topic but just in case any of you are dealling with the same issues This is definitly the fix!

Rattling suspension front and back..........aout 6 months ago I replaced the rear track arms with the adjustable one from ebay. 80% of the noise was gone. but there was still noise. I just replaced the front arms and replaced all 4 sway bar link ends. Best Thing I ever did!!!! Now my car is so smooth and completly silent. It rides like a new car. I should have done this yeas ago. Also to fix those rattling squeeky window seals use Wurth Rubber Care.....all Squeeks gone. Just in case some of you didn't know!

2000 Boxster 83K

boxster7614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #2

Great info, thanks. I have a very annoying window squeek/rattle...or something going on in the drivers side door. Where do you apply the Wurth window greese?? Can you give me some helpful tips?
Couper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:33 PM   #3

It's more of a cleaner....I could not find it localy. I ordered it off the intenet. You spray it on all weather seals and wipe down with a moist cloth...I also find it helpful to make sure the window glass is extremly clean. This will cure all your squeeks...at least until they get dirty again.

boxster7614 is offline   Reply With Quote