Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 10:13 AM   #1

Tiptronic Owners - Paddle Shift Airbag Steering Wheels

I inadvertently hi-jacked DJ's thread about New Stuff - sorry man, didn't mean to.

But, there have been some inquiries about some alternative steering wheels for Tiptronic owners, so I thought I'd make it a separate thread (DJ, feel free to hi-jack ).

I am trying to get a line on the Imec Steering Wheel out of Japan (1st pic). They offer a Paddle Shift Airbag steering wheel for Porsches that I might be interested in.

Or maybe the RAID Daytona GT

That would be interesting... Hyper-spendy though considering I got my Tiptronic 3-spoke Sport Steering Wheel (incl. color crest airbag) for under $600 as a new Take-off.

I particularly like that the paddles move with the wheel, so you can stay at 10/2.

1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

Last edited by Lil bastard; 02-24-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:19 AM   #2

This was a (?) by angman and my reply from the other thread, just moving it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angman
wow lil batsard those wheels are very nice as well. Where can I find more info on the Raid Or Imec ones? Anyone that sells them in North America?
I tell you, I'm still hunting down the Imec wheel, just to see how many tanks of gas that one's gonna cost me, if nothing else. But, I'm a little worried about the size of the paddle shifters on that one - may interfere with the 4-stalk operation. Though the more I look at it, the Imec appears to be a basterdized version (no pun intended ) of the RAID Daytona GT - the outline of the Airbag appears to be the same, and the Horn button placement is identical, just leather covered. And, it appears to have the RAID Logo on it.

The RAID Daytona GT can be found here: http://212.227.84.30/index.asp
then choose English (USA Flag), then Sport Airbag Steering Wheel, then 340mm Ø - Model - It's # 70176

It ain't cheap - є1099 , but they will ship to the US, or in your case Canadia.

1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote