Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 10:03 AM   #1

Unhappy One missing washer nozzle

Over the weekend I noticed that my 2003 Boxster S with Litronics was missing one headlight washer nozzle from each side. It originally had two nozzles per side and now only has the outside nozzles.

Looking at the parts diagrams, I can buy the whole assembly for $177 which is called the nozzle, but all I need is the last little part (about 1cm long) that actually directs the water onto the headlight.

Anyone know where I could look for just the final part of the nozzle assy? I'm guessing I'll have to go to a wrecking yard in order to buy anything other than the whole assembly.

roadracer311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:56 AM   #2

I do not see individual parts listed.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:24 AM   #3

Thanks for looking, Tool Pants.

Last night I checked out Sunset's fiche. It looks like they used to list smaller bits from the washers, but no more. I've e-mailed them to see if they can help. Worst case, I'll just buy a whole nozzle (found them for about $100) and pop the nozzles out and install them in the two holes I have now.

I think I water-hammered them out from having too much air in the lines. (from not using the headlight washers in 6 months)
roadracer311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:32 AM   #4

I looked at a current PET, and as I said only the assembly is listed. There is a section in PET just for the headlight washing system.

I have a 2000 PET on another computer. If I can get that computer to work I can see if, as of 2000, individual parts are listed.

Porsche likes to change parts and part numbers all the time. Also likes to drop parts.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #5

I looked at the 2000 PET and only the assembly is listed, no individual parts.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:26 AM   #6

Where can I find the procedure/instructions to replace

I already got mine, i purchased the whole washer nozzle. Do any body can post any procedure to replaced it. I need to replace the right side. My car is a Boxster 2003. Do I need to remove the headlight or the bumper? The Lower trim is already removed, well somebody hit it. I can see under the headlight (Litronics) as screw... Any help will be appreciated .

dgtal is offline   Reply With Quote