Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2008, 12:00 PM   #1
EE3racing

immediate help needed

Calling all non cable release Boxster owners. My cousin's car is dead, he just bought a shumaker multi charger and a cigerette lighter plug. He's trying to get enough juice in to open the hood. Curiously, he reports that his alarm had enough juice to activate, I didn't know whether that was going to effect his efforts. Anyhow, he lives far from me but is only a celly call away, he's not a 986 member so any of you guys with the 411 post back and I'll call him with the knowledge, thanks dudes.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #2

I think in the fuse box in the driver footwell there is a terminal to jump the car. You put the positive cable on that and ground the negative on the door latch then pop the hood.
shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:43 PM   #3

or the emergency release cable which, if he's not the original owner, may have been relocated to the to tow plug in the front bumper. If not, it can be accessed thru the passenger wheel well.
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:46 PM   #4

What is the model year?
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:49 PM   #5
EE3racing

Thanks for the responses, car is all set, great instructions and photos in the Bently manual FYI to anyone else with the problem. He says the battery is an autocraft, googled up as auto zone, I'd ditch that if it were me but it's his whip...

Last edited by EE3racing; 02-03-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:18 PM   #6
EE3racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Pants
What is the model year?

TP it's an OO but has the electric release, the Bently book says that wasn't supposed to be in it till 01. It was a Finland unit don't know if that makes a difference. The jumper block shown in the Bently book next to the manul spoiler switch he says he can't locate, since I'm not there I couldn't show him the pic. No matter, cycling the door key in the drivers door seemed to be the key to success.