Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2002, 10:38 PM   #1
Forum Contributor

How many?

How many 2001 Boxster S's did Porsche produce?

How many were imported to America?

(I'd *really* appreciate sources for this into--thanks!)

I've only had my Boxster a month (600 miles), but I have yet to pass another Boxster on the road.

In contrast, when I'm out in my '67 Mustang, I regularly see others in classic Mustangs.

Are there fewer Boxsters out there than '65-'68 Mustangs? Hard to believe! (Maybe it's a Wisconsin thing?)

MilwSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 06:14 PM   #2

Wow, no Boxsters near you?

I don't see a lot of Boxsters, but I do see some around here in The San Diego/Orange County area of Southern California. I guess Wisconsin just isn't Boxster country, eh?

You will have to give us some info on how the Boxster is in the snow when you get into winter. I'd be interested to hear about that. I can't imagine a German car not being good in the winter, after all they have snow there so they must build the Boxster with that factored in.
mjbliemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 07:18 AM   #3
Forum Contributor

Drive it in the snow?

No way this puppy's seeing snow! The salt, the sand, the slush... Nope, it'll be sitting, well-protected, inside a garage until all the snow has melted.

In any case, I'm not so sure it'd make a good snow car. Light weight + high torque + RWD + low ground clearance adds up to problems in the snow!
MilwSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 06:59 AM   #4

Quantity

I recently found the following quantities on the web for 2002 production estimates. I do not know how many are imported into USA vs. total production.

Boxster.......7071
BoxsterS......5039
996 Coupe....1981
996 Cab........3605
C4 Cab.........1438
C4S..............1668
996 Targa........662
Turbo.............2107
GT2...............168
Cayenne........? (if any)

Seems interesting as to the low number of 996-coupes. Also, I have heard Porsche plans to produce around 25000 Cayennes and thus approximately double production.

ehljags is offline   Reply With Quote