Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 10:54 AM   #1

expert opinions please....

1. is "dansk" the oem supplier to porsche? what is the quality of this item versus the oem porsche sport exhaust for much more $?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130191327325&rd=1

2. "hallowing out" the stock muffler.. level of diffuculty? cost to have done? results from any who have done this?

3. any cel problems with either of the two above mods?

4. any other aftermarket exhaust recommendations under 1k?

thanks for any advice..

EB847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
EE3racing

I have a Dansk SS exhaust, sometimes called the sausage, it's exactly what you are looking at. I truly like the sound, especially in the high rpm range but it is louder when driving with the top up and does have some resonance. Frankly, I think any exhaust mods will yield a bit of resonance. Dansk states they are OEM to Porsche, however that only means they have supplied Porsche on past models not that they made the OEM Boxster unit per say. I wouldn't be surprised though if they did.

One expert tip: The muffler clamps are a splined press fit, they can be reused, i did. However, you need to carefully pry them apart after removing the nut. If you want a stock muffler from a 2.5 to play with I have one you can have cheap...As for CEL, you will not be disturbing any of the O2 sensors when working only on the muffler.

Last edited by xusmnimij; 01-22-2008 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:14 PM   #3

Bzzzzzzzump
EB847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:43 PM   #4

The way I remember it is Gillet made the standard 986 mufflers. Stick your head under the muffler and look up for their name.

For the fancy stuff Eisenmann was used.

Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote