Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #1

Just got my 2nd boxster

Hey guys ..

My 'new' 01 Boxster S just got in .. picked it up from the shipping company about 30 minutes ago and took a long drive in it.

Its black on black with chromies / xenon and has 34k miles on it, and is a CPO vehicle so I have the warrantee for another two years. I think I got a pretty good deal at 25.5K. The dealers (Dave Strong in Utah was very nice, even gave a detail, a full tank of gas, and a nice suitcase filled with car wash stuff .. the suitcase looks very 007 ish).

Anyways, its night time right now so I cant take pictures, but will take some tomorrow after I give it a good wash / wax job .. it got real dirty going through the nevada, tahoe snow weather.

Right now .. I think imma take it out for another spin in a few minutes. =]

vijen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
blkboxster

Congrats
Old 01-13-2008, 06:48 AM   #3

Sweet!!
dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:38 AM   #4

Couple things to do:

1. clear markers
2. carbon interior
3. change out the deck
4. rims / tires ( its got pzero right now but i hate the chrome rims so maybe i'll have to wait a few months to wear out the pzero before i get rims and tires )

Other than that .. i m mostly happy with the car .. the top creaks a lil bit more than my last Boxster when i put start to put ti down .. past about 1/2 way, the creaking stops or is reduced dramatically .. maybe some lubricant @ the dealership would fix this problem?

And since this is my 2nd Boxster,

Some friends have asked me why I bought another boxster, my reply was that this is the perfect car for me. I honestly cant think of another car I want more than this car unless we are talking about 100+ ferrari / lamborghinis. I drove the SL / SLK and the Z and it doesnt have quite the same feel. The Viper looks great but is too raw. 911 are nice but I dont like the R/R setup as much as the M/R on the boxster.

So until I can get a ferrari / lamborghini ( or Carrera GT =D ), i'll just keep buying the best Boxster I can afford.
vijen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:13 PM   #5

Congrats vijen!

So, its the 14th now, where are the pics?

bigb is offline   Reply With Quote